Welcome to Swords of Speirling. We are an original fantasy site, set in a fictional world divided into seven kingdoms. We are set in the Medieval-ish/Renaissance period of this world. We have 20+ playable races available, we have no word count, and we are rated mature. Our application process is simple and to-the-point and we are LGBTQ+ friendly, straight-/cisgendered-ally friendly, and ALL racial identities-friendly. We do believe in some order, but we don't take ourselves all that seriously. Jerks need not apply. It is currently SPRING.
We are currently searching for royal family members and military characters, particularly knights.
ACTIVE MEMBERS: 20
TOTAL MEMBERS: 26
BE RESPECTFUL. NO WHINING. NO HATE. GUESTS WELCOME.
Discord Invite: Click
Affiliate with us!
Coding Help: RCR & RPG'D
Mini Profile Code: Gotham's Reckoning of RPG
Skin: Brittanique of RPG'D
banners and site concept: Peregrine
Anilwyn Lysanar doesn't have a custom title currently.
Location: No Information
Born: 28 August 1903
Website: No Information
Signature was made by Khal Drago @ http://shine.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showuser=28
Gifs for the signature were found from here:
OCCUPATION: Wealthy Guild Master
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single
STATUS: Now, it's time for a fancy party!
Joined: 5-August 14
Last Seen: Apr 8 2018, 09:18 PM
Local Time: Jun 19 2018, 07:26 AM
343 posts (0.2 per day)
( 1.94% of total forum posts )
Jun 10 2016, 10:22 AM
Ani knew this was a bad idea. Going off to get assassins to join his cause? A wildly stupid idea. Even he knew this. But he needed the men and women and magic. He had heard of the Dragon’s Clan as a boy. His childhood friends had told him stories and he had heard even more of them through his travels. Of course, one would think being the richest man in Speirling he would easily get a chance to meet with the leader. No such luck. Nobody seemed to know anything about anything. Anyone that seemed to have a hint of knowledge quickly shut their mouths. This was all hogwash!
So Ani sat outside on a dock, staring at the ships in the port. He knew if things came down to it, he may need to leave Speirling to get more fighters to overthrow King Felix. He would do it. He had to. Gaothaidh was rightfully his. And he would be a better king, he supposed. He took a bite into his sandwich, annoyed that his desire to find the legendary assassins were going nowhere. Maybe he should packup and go back to Kronos’ home and live out his days in…Sgaithte…
Gods no! He would not spend his years lingering away in Sgaithte. Besides, he was fae, he doubted they would let him do anything more than spend a week’s worth of vacation. Even then he knew they wanted his money. Chewing his food he could feel someone watching him. his guard was around, but he was worried Felix had hired an assassin to kill him.
((OOC: This thread will reach into a larger plot))
Mar 27 2015, 06:34 PM
Wants for this Guy
So what can I say about Anilwyn Lysanar? He's played by Martin Freeman. He's the richest man in Speirling. He punched me in the face once, it was awesome. Goblin Guard
Ani needs the head of of his personal guard and other high ups. The Banished OneRESERVED FOR PIP
While Ani's not the king of Gaothaidh (though, he could be soon. (Which will be an interesting dynamic between his guard and the royal guard getting into a power struggle. There is already a lot of anger between the Goblin Guard and the Royal Guard.)
- These guys and gals are Ani’s own personal guard. They protect him and his daughter, and any other of his relatives/friends that come in from out of town.
- Will be loyal to Ani, not really searching for characters that are there to create turmoil quite yet.
- Only high ups deal with Ani and they do call him and his relatives 'your highness' and other royal titles.
- All bare the mark of the Goblin King (a special tattoo written in ancient goblin swearing their loyalty)
- Can be both men, women, non-binary, any species, been born to any class.
- Like the Musketeers in the sense that they swear loyalty to Anilwyn upon joining. And his daughter. They are like a band of brothers and sisters. All amazing warriors, mages, ect in their own right. Bad asses can apply.
Ani seeks out the best and most loyal warriors throughout Speirling and beyond
- Some of his guard are under cover spies in other kingdoms
- Some members of the Goblin Guard were a part of his attempted rebellion hundreds of years ago
So this guy as of right now has no name and hasn't been mentioned all too much. He was very intelligent. A highly skilled warrior. He was involved with Anilwyn Lysanar's daughter for a brief period of time, he really cared for her. But he got banished by Anilwyn Lysanar (his boss).
I'd like to see him start problems Riasglach (the place where he was banished to) and for Ani. While Ani's a nice guy, there is a point where he stops being nice and starts acting like the richest man in Speirling. And this guy is a prime example of what happens when you over step your boundaries with him. He has a connection Anilwyn's only daughter and heir, Eilonwy Lysanar (he was an almost lover. And a cautionary tale of not to go after the boss's daughter).
He's currently part of the High King of Riasglach's trope, as his righthand and best friend. His goals, some of his personality are up to you. But I'd generally like him to have been a nice guy, a bit of a playboy but not stupid or completely devoid of emotion.
Playby: Santiago Cabrera
Proof of what happens when you cross Anilwyn Lysanar
Was once a high ranking member of the Goblin Guard
The Captain of the Guard
- Some sort of hybrid (sidhe or nymph/open maybe a nymph/satyr)
- Bit of a playboy, was loyal and honorable (defintely more like an Aramis type playboy than a jerky one)
- Early life is fairly open. Though I could see him coming from Teumnach (the fairy kingdom with a caste system since he was at one point hired by Ani's father who is a high up in Teumnach.) He was at one time hired by Ani's father to assisinate Ani and his daugther. This guy had a change of heart, but he stupidly decided not to tell anyone about his past with Ani's father (the two hate each other)
- Had a bromance with Ani. Like they were amazing friends, till he tried to hook up with Ani's daughter and nothing ruins a bromance faster than that
- The bromance was broken when Ani found the Banished kissing his daughter. Which only got the Banished a warning, however, Banished didn’t take the warning too seriously and still pursued her. He was interested in more than one night, but Ani didn't see it that way.
- All the while he did something to anger the Queen of Gaothaidh (up to you to decide. He could have totally found out her secret and attempted to use it against her. She's a raging meanie so he wouldn't have been in the wrong), who told Ani about this guy's past with Ani's father, so Ani believed this guy was trying to kill him and his daughter. She made him break things off Ani's daughter. Ani fired him as well. Being dishonored and fired from the Goblin Guard would have been a big deal for him. It was like a Brotherhood, and a lot of his fellow Gobliners as they're called, would have felt betrayed as well. So to him it was like losing his family.
- He would be accused of treason in Gaothaidh, though he knows the Queen and Anilwyn were probably pulling strings. He would be banished to Riasglach ( a former prison colony in Speirling) and has been there for last 10 years.
- He was told Anilwyn’s daughter committed suicide after his flirtations (he broke things off her in a very cruel manner, because the Queen made him). Might be the reason he decided to stay in Riasglach (there was a wall that kept all the bad people in Riasglach, but it fell down a few years ago) as his own form punishment after the wall fell.
- Still maintains his loyalty to the Goblin Guard despite being kicked out
The Second in Command
- Will have been a part of Ani's rebellion. So he'll need to be at least 473.
- Some sort of Hybrid.
- He was friends with the Banished One.
- Raised in the Caoin-Chaithlinn Forest
- Mostly open ended.
- Should be at least 300.
- He's trying to get the Banished One back to Gaothaidh.
- He'll be youngish.
- He was mentored by the banished one. So that would have been over ten years ago.
Feb 10 2015, 06:15 PM
Ani was pacing back and forth, waiting for his hired help. This was to be a burglary of epic proportions. Stealing from the King of Gaothaidh himself. Ani knew it was not a completely thought out plan, but honestly were any of his plans ever thoroughly thought out? The answer was, no, they were not. He continued to pace out of nervousness. Ani needed proof, though. Proof that the King had hired individuals to assassinate him. He could show said proof to the Elder Council and thus King Felix would be reprimanded. Well, not reprimanded, but Ani knew that King Felix was running the risk of losing his crown with or without Ani’s schemes.
Ani’s staff were nowhere in sight, though his two nephews were drunkenly singing around a large barrel of some sort of ale.
“That was for the King’s Party!” Ani shouted at the imp/goblin hybrid boys.
They weren’t really boys, they were both in their 50’s going on 14. The pair giggled and rushed off yelling something about ‘swamp sex’ and ‘future son in law’. Ani rolled his eyes. His nephews loved their jokes. Ani only liked jokes when he was playing them on other people, or he was in the know.
Ani waited, looking at the large grandfather clock in front of him. The clock, like most of Ani’s possessions was a little over the top. Whenever the time got to the hour and chimed, little wooden and mechanical figures would come out dancing a song about whatever time it was. A few minutes until the hour.
Jan 10 2015, 06:44 AM
The party was just starting. There was food everywhere, an extremely large dance floor (but Ani knew with so many different types of people showing up the dance floor and music and dinner time would no doubt become divided between the ‘well mannered’ and the ‘not so well mannered’. Ani made sure that all the nobles and royals were on one side (except for Felix who he had stuck with a group of Sgaithte’s dragon riders who were to be in attendance) and the others were on the otherside. He knew there would be food throwing, loud singing on one side, while polite conversation, and well choreographed dancing happened on the other.
People were starting to show up, so Ani stood from his seated position at the head of the table. Cedric was to sit right next to him when the speeches and dinner started. Ani was very excited. Almost everyone he invited had chosen to attend. He had invited…everyone of any importance around Speirling and even people from beyond. Even those he had just met on the street. He had explained in the letter that it was for the King of Riasglach, and in lieu of a coronation present for Riasglach would be expected. He hadn’t told Cedric about that. But he assumed the King would be happy with the outpouring of gifts and connections he would gain at this party. Ani knew a few other people that were using his connections at this party. Too bad he hadn’t made it a masked affair, but no, everyone needed to see each other’s faces.
Even King Felix would be in attendance, which was more of a formality than anything else. Ani knew Felix was expecting his announcement about a possible engagement between the two families, and Ani had yet to figure out a way out of this predicament. He would though. No child of his was marrying that little monster Prince Rancort. He would just have to get creative.
Ani had not seen Cedric in a long while, and he didn’t know whether he was happy or worried about that. After all, his daughter’s bedroom, the large Romanesque style bathing area (which was quite frankly more like a giant heated pool with soaps and showers). The thought that the two could be running around doing gods only knew what worried him. And where was Kronos and Ichabod! Ani began greeting guests as they entered with a usual smile on his face.