Welcome to Swords of Speirling. We are an original fantasy site, set in a fictional world divided into seven kingdoms. We are set in the Medieval-ish/Renaissance period of this world. We have 20+ playable races available, we have no word count, and we are rated mature. Our application process is simple and to-the-point and we are LGBTQ+ friendly, straight-/cisgendered-ally friendly, and ALL racial identities-friendly. We do believe in some order, but we don't take ourselves all that seriously. Jerks need not apply. It is currently SPRING.
We are currently searching for royal family members and military characters, particularly knights.
ACTIVE MEMBERS: 20
TOTAL MEMBERS: 26
BE RESPECTFUL. NO WHINING. NO HATE. GUESTS WELCOME.
Discord Invite: Click
Affiliate with us!
Coding Help: RCR & RPG'D
Mini Profile Code: Gotham's Reckoning of RPG
Skin: Brittanique of RPG'D
banners and site concept: Peregrine
The Hunt, SITE-WIDE EVENT
|We're men, we're men in tights! We're butch!|
Artwork by the incomparable Kel!THE HUNT
Legend says that the White Stag has been sent by the gods as a gift. Traditionally, the White Stag carries seven jewels in his body and each jewel is endowed with a different power and this power will be bestowed on the Earth-dweller who claims it.The object of The Hunt is to capture the White Stag and bring it back alive.
There is a jewel in each hoof. The garnet brings wisdom, the moonstone brings courage, the pearl, strength, and the sapphire lifelong youth and beauty. There are three jewels in the White Stag's head, one at the root of each horn and the other right between his eyes. On the right, the diamond beings invincibility, on the left, the emerald brings inexhaustible wealth, and in the center, the ruby brings immortal life.
In the old days before the Great War, the king would send out his finest knights to capture the White Hart. The animal was brought back alive and the knight who had captured was made the champion. The White Hart was slaughtered for a feast held in his or her honor and the champion was given one of the jewels – usually the sapphire or the moonstone – one of the jewels deemed less “threatening” in the hands of a warrior. The monarch would then have one of the remaining six jewels worked into his crown and the idea was that these gifts would flow through his or her crown and benefit all of those under his or her rule. The meat of the White Stag was said to bring good health and prosperity and his horns were mounted above the throne.The Present
But things are different now. Instead of a singular sidhe ruler, there are seven kingdoms, some with more than one who claims to be the king or queen. A White Stag has once again appeared, this time in the forests of Eacharnach. The Nightcat has called a hunt – one that involves all of Speirling. The White Hart is said to carry seven jewels, so the jewels will be split seven ways, which sounds fair enough. Each monarch will select their champions – some will champion for themselves – and set off in pursuit of the White Hart.
The rules are simple. The White Hart must remain alive until he is brought to the Stone Circle, which has been agreed upon as neutral ground by the Nightcat. The killing of the opponents is out, as the Hunt was once not only a way for the gods to better the rule of the sidhe, but a way to find the best huntsman.What the Characters Don't Know:
How It Works:
- The expectation is that the selection of champions and a claim to the jewels limited to the kings and queens, but anyone may lay claim to the jewels as long as they have a party of three champions or more (including themselves).
- Traditionally, monarchs do not name themselves as their own champions. Most monarchs will not do this, but several will.
- No one expects this to happen, but there will be betrayals and some attempted murders.
- Being a monarch is no guarantee of receiving a jewel. The first hunting party to capture the White Stag will not only have the first pick of the jewels, but they will pick the six other recipients.
- Some hunting parties may be masked or ride under false colors.
- The White Stag is a lot bigger than the average deer, but it appears average-sized unless the hunters are very close to it.
What the Characters Do Know:
- The White Stag is also referred to as The White Hart.
- The White Stag must be brought back alive but it may be wounded.
- Solo hunting is punishable by imprisonment and/or public beating or flogging. Solo hunters will exist, despite the dangers.
- Messengers on horseback will be sent into the forests and will send updates of the hunt back to the Stone Circle, where they will be read to the listening crowd by a herald (another opportunity to participate for characters who don't wish to be hunters),
- Due to the terrain and the laws of the host kingdom, dragons will not be permitted in this hunt.
UPDATE: due to the rapid-fire"ish" nature of The Hunt, if a player/character doesn't post for two weeks, their turn will be skipped and they may jump back in at any time or when it is there turn again. Posts for Hunting Party threads tend to be shorter in nature, but longer posts are more than acceptable.The Jewels:
- Kings, queens, and other such leaders (i.e. Peregrine Alexander or Anilwyn Lysanar) form hunting parties.
- The ones headed by monarchs will simply be called, “The Royal Hunting Party of Eacharnach”.
- Non-royal hunting parties (i.e. Peregrine's rebels) will form in the same way and take on their own name, for example, Peregrine might name his hunting party, “The Blue Falcon Hunters”.
- Using this example, Peregrine can seek out hunters personally or hunters can volunteer to serve in his hunting party. The hunters or the leader can accept or decline.
- Monarchs don't have to the be the ones at the heads of their hunting parties: their spouse, sibling, children, servant, friend, etc, may represent their interests if they do not wish to become involved.
- The White Stag will have its own account and RP out its movements.
- There will be obstacles during the hunt and will be introduced IC by the White Stag account.
- Someone's (they've already been marked and they know who they are) murder at the end of the hunt will be one of the events that incites the War. If you would like your character to be involved in this murder plot, you should PM me.
- Threads will have varying numbers of participants and the White Stag. Some will only involve two players and the White Stag and some will involve more. There may be one large thread, but the majority of them will have fewer players.
- Hunters can be replaced and added mid-hunt, allowing new members to join "late".
- In order to qualify as a hunting party, there must be at least three hunters, which may or may not include the leader.
- Characters can declare their allegiance to a certain leader, declare themselves a leader, or both. They can also declare themselves a solo hunter, even though the character will probably understand the risk. You can RP these actions out or not.
- Questions? PM me!
- The sign-up sheet is below.
garnet (wisdom) -- claimed by Prince Rhodri Gwydion of Teumnach moonstone (courage) -- claimed by Scipio Montoya of Eacharnach pearl (strength) -- claimed by Cedric Dractwood of the Swamp Sinners (Riasglach)
- sapphire (lifelong youth and beauty)
diamond (invincibility) -- claimed by the Ice Knight of Gaothaidh emerald (inexhaustible wealth) -- claimed by Peregrine Alexander of the Blue Falcons (Eacharnach) ruby (immortal life) -- claimed by Brennus Caesorix of Galleia
to view the News regarding The Hunt as the plot moves along.
to be taken to the actual event.Happy Hunting!
[b]ALLIGIENCE:[/b] Whose hunting party are they in? If they are forming their own hunting party, please note this.
[b]MOUNT & WEAPONS:[/b] Horses, lassos, nets, and even bows recommended.
[b]SECRET AGENDA:[/b] Optional, but if your character is in the hunt for any specific reason, it can add fun drama and help the White Stag plan appropriate moves.
HUNTING PARTIES``BLUE FALCON HUNTERS
``ROYAL HUNTING PARTY OF EACHARNACH
- Peregrine Alexander (captain, head)
- Lyra Kresner
- Seraphiel Adelaide
- Soryn Caelia
``ROYAL HUNTING PARTY OF GAOTHAIDH
- Scipio Montoya
- Tora Alexander
- Mada Tirgatao
ROYAL HUNTING PARTY OF FOIRFICH``ROYAL HUNTING PARTY OF TEUMNACH
- Valerian the Mad Warlock
- Ice Knight
- Godric Caelia
``ROYAL HUNTING PARTY OF MUIREACH
- Sorcha Gwydion (captain)
- Sir Shelley Duibhshith
- Tiernan Driscoll
- Orabella Morgan
- Cunorix Axrotalus
- Rhodri Gwydion
``ROYAL HUNTING PARTY OF SGAITHTE
- Drustan Samara
- Katelyn Fairfax
- Meriwether Fork
``THE ROYAL AND VERY OFFICIAL HUNTING PARTY OF RIASGLACH
- Kronos Krull
- Jema Dumos " "
- Freyja Hawksly
"The Swamp Sinners"
``THE ONE TRUE ROYAL HUNTING PARTY OF RIASGLACH
- King Cedric Dractwood (head, captain)
- Elionwy Lysanar
- Arcadia Celedragonel-Miar
"The Fellowship of Tomfoolery"
``THE HUNTING PARTY OF GALLIA
- Roman Dracarys (head)
- Morgan Breckenridge
- Artemis Dracarys
THE GOBLIN FELLOWSHIP
- Ambrigatos Lugurix (head, captain)
- Dumnorix Segomaros
- Rhiannon Gwydion
- Severa Tanithia
- Anilwyn Lysanar (head, captain)
This post has been edited by Khalidah Sherwood: Dec 30 2017, 05:14 PM
- Cymbeline the Nightcat, neutral, master of ceremonies
- Zoran, in service to Teumnach, messenger
- Ariaya Nesitriel, in service to Teumnach, messenger, healer
- Jonathan Lancashire, neutral, healer
- Khalidah Leaf-Fall, Blue Falcon hunters, healer
- Cassander Tuireann, scout, messenger
|Cymbeline the Nightcat
|Event Planner||Changeling & Human Hybrid|
|What are you looking at? Go on! Everyone dance! Everyone loves dancing!|
CHARACTER NAME: Cymbeline the Nightcat
his damn self neutral, master of ceremonies
MOUNT & WEAPONS: a knife
SECRET AGENDA: that's for me to know and you to find out
|Blacksmith & Con Artist||Elf|
|I did not invite you assholes to dinner.|
CHARACTER NAME: Scipio Montoya
ALLIGIENCE: Royal Hunting Party of Eacharnach
MOUNT & WEAPONS: Phantom, lasso, knife, rapier
SECRET AGENDA: bring glory to his king, steal things.
Sig by the super-talented Kel! Visit her graphics shop HERE
|If I was a boy, I think I would understand how it feels to love a girl, I swear I be a better-- GO AWAY, DIMITRI!!|
CHARACTER NAME: Diamond/Dimitri Hawk
ALLIGIENCE: Royal Hunting Party of Foirfich
MOUNT & WEAPONS: Caliban, bastard sword, carrots
SECRET AGENDA: make her kingdom looks awesome, be badass/become besties with that adorable stag.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)