Welcome to Swords of Speirling. We are an original fantasy site, set in a fictional world divided into seven kingdoms. We are set in the Medieval-ish/Renaissance period of this world. We have 20+ playable races available, we have no word count, and we are rated mature. Our application process is simple and to-the-point and we are LGBTQ+ friendly, straight-/cisgendered-ally friendly, and ALL racial identities-friendly. We do believe in some order, but we don't take ourselves all that seriously. Jerks need not apply. It is currently WINTER.

We are currently searching for royal family members and military characters, particularly knights.

ACTIVE MEMBERS: 20
TOTAL MEMBERS: 26

EACHARNACH: 26
GAOTHAIDH: 12
FOIRFICH: 10
TEUMNACH: 20
MUIREACH: 12
SGAITHTE: 5
RIASGLACH: 6
WANDERERS: 11

BE RESPECTFUL. NO WHINING. NO HATE. GUESTS WELCOME.
Mobile Link: http://my.cbox.ws/SoSFree
We also have Discord: Click

Affiliate with us!

RPG-DirectoryDistant Fantasies
Southern Winds WeyrBefore the Mast
Gloria PatriEpoch Fantasy
The Supernatural LifePraesidium
The GamesTeair Nova
Pandora's AscensionA Call to Arms
Find The Rabbit HoleGallowed Magic
MAYMMaerish
Marvel: Lost Horizonsle Roi Soleil
Once Upon a NightmareAbrora
OPENOPEN
OPENOPEN

Sidebar: Dana
Coding Help: RCR & RPG'D
Mini Profile Code: Gotham's Reckoning of RPG
Skin: Brittanique of RPG'D
banners and site concept: Peregrine

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Asking For Signs :: OPEN, Jon does something stereotypical
Luke Lancashire
 Posted: Dec 19 2014, 01:04 PM
HealerHuman
276'1"
SingleHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER
Incest is not okay, children.

The temple was beautiful this time of day. It had been sunrise when Jon had left Nikita sleeping in her tree. It wasn’t that he didn’t want his sister by his side in the holiest places, but he wanted to be alone with his thoughts, so he let her be and made his way, his hood over his head, to the temple. He was searched by passing soldiers every so often, but once thy discovered that he had no weapons, they let him pass, for he was not the only pilgrim to make his way to the temple; it was just unusual to find a pilgrim making his way there as early as he did.

As soon as Jon’s foot made contact with holy ground, he knew he was free from military harassment. He breathed deeply, and as religious law decreed, he bared his head, letting his dark curls fall. He knelt and removed his boots, a sign of respect, before crossing the threshold.

He had been to the temple as a young boy. His parents had taken him on a rare trip out of their village and sacrificed a lamb at the altar with him. He never liked the whole butchering-of-animals deal and avoided meat whenever possible, but he understood that it was to please the gods. Despite the blood on the altars, he as absolutely blown away by the sheer magnitude of the place. It was beautiful: high ceilings, dazzling colors and erethal music from musicians he could not see, but who seemed to be always just around the corner. The temple was a little smaller than it had been when he was boy, but it had lost none of the awe it held for him. In fact, as an adult, it held something even better. When he was a child, there had always been a sort of magic in the air that had disappeared when he grew into a man, but this place held some of that magic still, but bigger and even more mysterious than it had been before.

He quietly made his way to the altar of the Goddess of Magic. Reaching inside his cloak, he pulled out his sacrifice: a single rose, and placed it on her altar. It was a poor man’s offering, but he hoped that she would be pleased that he had brought her the purest specimen he could find. He sank to his knees, bowed his head, and clasped his hands in prayer.

“My lady…” He began, haltingly. He didn’t know how to ask for what he wanted, even though he knew what it was, and this because he didn’t fully understand what was happening to him in the first place. “I…I…ask for strength and even more, I ask for…understanding.” For the first time, he opened his eyes and raised them to her statue. “Out of all the gods, I come to you for guidance, because I believe out of all of them, you will understand the best. What is happening to me? Is it even me? Am I arrogant to think it’s me?” He swallowed and realized he was sweating and shaking out of fear. “I realize you must get a lot of requests like this, My Lady, but if you could just…send me a sign. That’s all. Just one little sign, nothing that would even make a dent in your busy schedule.”

This post has been edited by Khalidah Leaf-Fall: Feb 22 2015, 08:18 PM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Khalidah Sherwood
 Posted: Mar 2 2015, 06:35 PM
Healer MageSidhe-Vampire
27 years5'10"
SingleHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER
Too many damn rebels to heal!

user posted image

The hybrid was not the religious type... but she was highly spiritual. Khalidah often meditated to recentre her focus during times when she wasn't acting as a healer, trainer or adviser in the rebel encampment to the north in Eacharnach. The only reason that Khalidah had come to Foirfich was because her two constant companions, the wolves Hania and Kachina, had wandered off for no apparent reason. They had returned to her during the night while the mage was being confronted by a stranger that claimed he was the rightful king of Teumnach and seemed so sure that a rabbit would sedate her vampiric thirst. So far it had, but indeed it was getting harder to control. Khalidah had began to panic that she might be a danger to her friends and fellow rebels if she could not come to grips with it. Asking for guidance at the temple of the first gods seemed like a stretch, but the healer was desperate to try anything at this stage.

The woman wore a dark blue dress with billowing vibrant red sleeves that she had bought all that time ago in Sgaithte during her daring escape from Riasglach when she had needed a disguise so she would not be recognised as an escaped prisoner. Khalidah hadn't worn this dress since her one time love interest had vanished without saying goodbye. As much as it hurt to admit, Marcell's disappearance had hurt her deeply. For a moment the healer mage had once thought that there was an attraction between her and the rebellion founder, Aden, but it would have never worked... Aden was much too focused on the rebellion and Khalidah had still been missing Marcell. Still, the hybrid was one of the best looking women in the rebellion. The woman no longer missed Marcell, but she had stopped herself from falling for the charms of men since then; focusing on her role as a healer, an archer and a leader. The moment that her identity had been verified by Peregrine, Khalidah had almost instantly become a high ranking member of the rebellion... taking charge of the archers training when she wasn't healing various wounds and afflictions.

Flanked by her wild born canine companions the mage wandered down the great hall that contained the many alters and statues of the first gods. Some alters were fairly drab, while others were more ornate... each reflecting the agreed 'persona' that the priests and priestesses attributed to each of the deities. Khalidah paused briefly when she spied a young man knelt before the alter associated with the Goddess of Magic, and his sacrifice was that of a single rose. Khaliah didn't feel that it was a poor man's offering, it was something beautiful and that is what mattered in her opinion. Not wanting to intrude on his business Khalidah continued down the grand hall with the wolves on each side, coming to a halt before the alter that was dedicated to the Goddess of the Wilds. It was an unusual deity that the mage had come to beseech... ordinarily she would have gone to the healers, but this was an unusual situation she had found herself in.

Folding her hands the sidhe-vampire knelt before the statue with her head bowed before silently placing her own sacrifice to the goddess upon the stone alter. Khalidah's sacrifice was one of the arrows that she had made recently, fletched with bright blue feathers dropped by a Macaw parrot. It was admittedly finely crafted, for an amateur... Khalidah rarely made arrows, as she bought hers most of the time. “Dear lady, I merely ask for guidance”, Khalidah spoke quietly as she offered her arrow. “I have never questioned my fate... but I am beginning to feel too wild myself to live amongst people. I simply ask for a clue on how I may be able to keep from being a danger to other people”.

Request made, Khalidah stood up once more and turned on her heel to make her way out of the temple when she stopped near the man beseeching the Goddess of Magic, faintly hearing his plea to her. “I come to you for guidance, because I believe out of all of them, you will understand the best. What is happening to me? Is it even me? Am I arrogant to think it’s me?”
Khalidah's heart went out to the young man... slightly... they were both struggling with unforeseen circumstances in their lives, and had turned to the divines for guidance. It was at that moment that the black wolf at her side decided to wander up to the young man, and rather than doing what would be considered normal for the male – biting ankles – Hania simply sat down beside the pilgrim and fixed him with golden-brown eyes. Frankly, Khaldiah was surprised that it hadn't been Kachina being the intrusive one for once.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

WORD COUNT;; 817
OOC COMMENTS;; Thought I might jump in on this one.

This post has been edited by Khalidah Leaf-Fall: Aug 11 2015, 10:37 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Rebel Healer Mage
This sig was made by: FlightDesigns

--------------------------------------------------------------
Co-Admin
PMWebsite
^
Luke Lancashire
 Posted: Mar 15 2015, 03:11 PM
HealerHuman
276'1"
SingleHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER

He heard someone else enter, and immediately jumped, out of habit, but reminded himself to stay calm. Whomever it was, he doubted that they were an assassin sent to slay him while he was in the house of the gods. It wasn't as though it had experienced many assassins coming after him at all, and if they were killers on the loose, he doubted they would do him in while he was praying. Even the most bloodthirsty of assassins seemed to have the decency to let pilgrims offer up their prayers in peace. Never-the-less, Jon surreptitiously shot a glance over his shoulder to catch sight of whomever was going to join him.

He only saw her for a moment, but he caught sight of a beautiful dark-haired woman, dressed in a flowing gown that made her look like a princess. He knew she could not be a princess, or at least, not the princess of Foirfich, for he knew of the latest political unrest that was happening in the Central Kingdom. The princess was said to be on the run, and was most likely dead by now, if she hadn't been killed by the new king and his family. Jon could hardly say that he was alarmed. This sort of thing happened all the time, and gambling with one's life was the price one paid for being born into royalty. There was something unusual about her, not otherworldly, persay, but exotic, like she had come from a faraway desert. He snapped his head back to the altar, and did his best to look busy.

As he was not a praying man, he hadn't much of a grasp on how to pray, properly, so he kept his hands folded, his head down and his eyes mostly closed. He did, however, keep them open in slits so he peer over at the woman and see how she was praying, so he could imitate her. Unfortunately, he could not see much of what she was doing, but due to the high-ceilings and amphlifying acoustics of the temple, he could hear every word she said, even though she uttered each one in a quiet voice. She asked for guidance and expressed her concern that she was a danger to other people. Jon did not find that odd, himself. Perhaps she was a newly-turned werewolf or vampire. He had picked up that newly-turned people often had thoughts of not being safe to their loved ones. He could even relate to that feeling, on a certain level. Had he been born with a fiery disposition, he would have worried about his super-human strength around his sister, no matter how strong her banshee bloodline might have made her. He heard her leave, and he quickly bowed his head and offered up a prayer, his plea to understand his latest discovery about himself, which was more disturbing than his super-strength. He still had doubts that it could even be his power. What if it was just the circumstances that had surrounded it? He waited for her to walk out the door, so he could feel foolish in peace.

Instead, he felt a different kind of body approach him, and he could not help but turn and look as a wolf calmly sat beside him and upon looking at him, the wolf fixed him with his big, yellow eyes, which were not unfriendly. Jon briefly wondered if this were a sign, or a diety come down to converse with him in the form of an animal, and he immediately decided that that was what made the most sense. He carefully bowed respectfully to the wolf, but upon rising, he discovered that he didn't know how to talk to a god in person.

“So...uh...I'm assuming that you heard what I said a few minutes ago, and I don't want to seem needy, but, uh...any suggestions? Pointers? Helpful hints?”

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Khalidah Sherwood
 Posted: Mar 16 2015, 05:01 PM
Healer MageSidhe-Vampire
27 years5'10"
SingleHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER

user posted image

Hania huffed a heavy breath, keeping eye contact with the confused young man, thankfully not even contemplating biting at his ankles. Hania loved nipping at ankles for some reason... but most of the time it was only with people that he didn't seem to like all that much, whereas others that he found an acceptable tolerance to were left alone. Kachina was his opposite in some respect – she acted like an overgrown puppy with people she liked, and those she hated were simply ignored. The pair were like a perfect example of yin and yang. Khalidah watched as the young man bowed to the wolf and had to quickly suppress her giggles at the sight, even Hania seemed impressed with this undue respect and actually sat up straighter, prouder even.
“So...uh...I'm assuming that you heard what I said a few minutes ago, and I don't want to seem needy, but, uh...any suggestions? Pointers? Helpful hints?”
It took a few moments for the mage to realise that the man was talking to the wolf and not her, since he hadn't even really noticed that she was standing someway behind him..... he was asking the wolf for advice? Well that wasn't so strange, since the woman constantly talked to her wolves, but she didn't go asking them for help in matters that truly consumed her worry.

“I'm afraid Hania won't have anything useful to say to you”, Khalidah finally spoke up, walking up to the young man and her black wolf with the white female wolf still hanging by her side. The woman knelt beside the male wolf and ran her hand over his head in a light stroke, which he accepted with another heavy breath. “Since he doesn't speak our language... and he is just a wolf”. Hania broke his gaze away from the man to look at Khalidah and studied her for a moment before sliding down into a laying position on the floor, thus allowing room for Kachina to wander up and stare at the man with her bright red eyes this time. The sidhe-vampire studied the wolves for a moment then looked at the young man properly herself now that she could see his face. He was quite good looking with his pale complexion and dark curly locks of hair. Not to seem like she was staring Khalidah smiled faintly and looked between her wolves. “I've never seen them so entranced by anyone before....” she muttered faintly. “I wonder what it is about you that has them so captivated”.

He was half right in thinking that her feelings of being too dangerous to be around people any more was due to her being turned vampiric... however she was only half-vampire and she had been this way for at least a year or two, so it was no longer a recent development. However, her thin grasp of control that the mage had clung to so tightly for all that time had began to slip and her vampiric tendencies were getting worse. Red meat no longer sedated her thirst for blood as effectively as it once had, and on occasion there was just a distinct smell about some people that almost sent her into a feeding frenzy. Ever since she had walked into the large temple Khalidah had been breathing through thinly parted lips rather than her nose to try and avoid the feeding frenzy – clinging to her thin control made her appear more like she would be having a panic attack to the outside eye. Hesitantly the woman took a breath through her nose and visibly sighed in relief.... this fella did not have that intoxicating scent about him.... she could relax for once.

“It's true though... that the wolves did hear you praying”, Khalidah finally admitted a little hesitantly, not everyone was comfortable around wolves... especially when they seemed to play the role of a pet. “Not that we were deliberately spying on you.... but sound kind of echoes in here quite well”. Suddenly the mage moved to stand up, thinking that they were disturbing him and should probably depart and leave him to pray in peace. “Apologies... do you want us to leave?”

WORD COUNT;; 698
OOC COMMENTS;; Haha! I typed “role of a pot” instead of “role of a pet” to start with! Haha! Oops.

This post has been edited by Khalidah Leaf-Fall: Aug 11 2015, 10:38 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Rebel Healer Mage

Co-Admin
PMWebsite
^
Luke Lancashire
 Posted: Mar 29 2015, 11:42 AM
HealerHuman
276'1"
SingleHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER

The wolf just stared back at Jon, its gaze not unfriendly, but uncomprehending as ever. Perhaps this was not a magic wolf, the kind that would circle three times to trigger a sign from a god or the incarnation of the goddess herself, or maybe even a talking wolf. Jon had never met a talking animal, but he heard heard tell that they existed. Hesitantly, he reached a hand out for the wolf to sniff, pushing away the thought that the wolf could very well snap its jaws and bite off his hand if it wanted to. When he jumped it was because of someone who's form was more akin to his own, than because of the snapping jaws of a hungry wolf.

He looked up to see the form of a tall, beautiful woman, clearly one of the fae, and he gave her a slight but hurried bow. Like many of the few fae he had encountered, his sister excepted, she looked as young and beautiful as any mortal in the flower of her youth, but there was something behind her eyes that read as older, wiser, as having seen the dark underbelly of what the world could bring into one's life.

"That would explain why he doesn't have much to say on the subject." He joked, slowly withdrawing his hand from in front of the wolf's nose. He could still reach forth and sniff it if the inclination took him, or bite it off, for that matter. "I am called Jon." He said, to the fae-woman. "Healer." He didn't comment on the wolf that still stood staring at him, but its unwavering gaze was starting to make him feel uncomfortable.

"Animals always seem to know something that we don't." Jon said, glancing down to see that the wolf was still staring at him. His eyes weren't violent in nature, but neither were they full of kindness, either. Even though he used the word "animals" to reference them, Jon was never so quick as to write them off as dumb animals, especially since they seemed to follow the fae woman. "I do not doubt that they know more than I do." He added. He glanced around at the beautiful, quiet temple. "I'm not usually the praying type." There was something peaceful about this place and he made a mental note to visit temples more often, no matter where his travels with Nikita took him.

"No, not at all." He said. "I'm sure the goddess has heard my...prayer, for lack of a better word." The truth was, he wasn't sure of anything, but that was the very nature of religion he supposed: the paradox of being sure of the thing you could be sure of the least: what happened after they died.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Khalidah Sherwood
 Posted: Apr 1 2015, 06:14 AM
Healer MageSidhe-Vampire
27 years5'10"
SingleHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER

user posted image

When the man stood up and gave her a hurried bow after she had made her presence known to him, causing her to chuckled faintly. Though the description of her being beautiful would have certainly flattered her greatly... since it had been some time since she had been described as thus. Come to think of it, the last person who had thought of her that way was Marcell Brier... damn him for leaving. “Please, there is no need to bow to me...” Khalidah hurried, holding out a hand to indicate for him to stop. “I may be fae, but I do not possess the 'holier than thou' attitude that many of my kindred may be tainted with. I am just a simple woman at heart”. It was true, Khalidah was remarkably down to earth for someone who had been born as a pure sidhe, but perhaps that was a trait passed on from her father who hadn't made his obscene fortune as a spice merchant by alienating customers who weren't of the fae species. Taurian Leaf-Fall had been a humble merchant for many years but as his client base grew, he found his market expanding into other kingdoms and soon enough we was very wealthy... after Khaldiah's initial disappearance he had moved what remained of his family into a high class part of Gorm-Cheathach city.

"That would explain why he doesn't have much to say on the subject”.
Khalidah smiled warmly at the joke and watched her wolves carefully to see what they would do, while Hania's interest had seemed to wane while Kachina's had only intensified, edging closer before sniffing at the man's face. “Kachina.... give him some breathing room”, Khalidah chuckled, grabbing the white female wolf around her middle and pulling her backwards. Kachina was willing enough to move back, but wriggled around of the sidhe-vampires grasp to fall backwards into her lap instead. "I am called Jon." Hania blinked his amber eyes at the human before rocking forward on his stomach slightly to sniff the offered hand before moving backwards with yet another deep breath.“Hello Jon, my name is Khalidah”.

"Healer."
Khaldiah had to stop herself from gaping at that fact, because in all her time travelling and working as a healer for the rebellion, she had never come across someone from her own profession before. Other mages, yes... and there had been the odd one or two who had some small talent with illusions... but none of her calibre – not that she was conceited about her magical abilities. “Funny.... I am a healer too”, she exclaimed with a grin.
"Animals always seem to know something that we don't. I do not doubt that they know more than I do”.
“Well, whatever they sense about you, it seems that my wolves like you”, the woman mused before thinking that perhaps it had been the fact that Jon was a healer that her wolves had sensed about him. While Khalidah was able to heal people with her own magic, when she had exhausted herself and still had patients to tend to the woman would resort to herbs for minor conditions. Now that she focused on it a bit more, there did seem to be a faint earthy and herbal smell about Jon that hinted at his profession. What was that smell... it seemed familiar. “Pardon my asking, but have you been using sage and willow bark recently?”

"No, not at all. I'm sure the goddess has heard my...prayer, for lack of a better word."
Khalidah nodded and cast her eyes towards the statue that portrayed the goddess of magic. Despite being highly spiritual, the sidhe-vampire hybrid followed only a small select few of the vast array of deities available for worship... though that was not entirely unusual as many people sometime dedicated all their religious time to only one of the first gods. Khalidah herself followed the goddess of magic, the goddess of the wilds, and of course, the mother goddess. “They always hear us... even when not in temples. Sometimes I feel that temples are more for our benefit than the gods, forcing us to really think on our problems in an attempt to find our own solutions. Still, I believe they like the attention regardless”, the woman said quietly as her eyes fell upon the rose that Jon had left upon the alter. It truly was beautiful. Closing her eyes, Khalidah started rubbing her hands together until a purple glow began to shine faintly between them, then she lifted her hands to blow out a bright purple butterfly with sparkles falling from gossamer wings flew out between them. The woman opened her eyes, smiling as she watched the butterfly circle around Jon's head a couple of times before disappearing into the flower on the alter. It had merely been an illusion, but yet there still seemed to be some sparkles left behind on the rose. “But perhaps, now she will listen a little closer”.

WORD COUNT;; 829
OOC COMMENTS;; N/A

--------------------
user posted image
Rebel Healer Mage

Co-Admin
PMWebsite
^
Luke Lancashire
 Posted: Apr 5 2015, 02:30 PM
HealerHuman
276'1"
SingleHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER

The woman deflected his formalities with humble words and Jon felt more at ease. He felt the pressure to put on what he thought were very stiff manners when he was around people who were of a higher class than he was. He always felt like he could never rise above a respectable lower-middle-class existence at best because he had no idea how to properly behave around people of society, especially the greater fae. They must think him terribly crude, so he hoped that his efforts were at least given enough credit for him not to be despised. “I am sure that you are more than just a simple woman.” He saw the marks of suffering in her eyes; scars that may only be seen by those who had nursed the same wounds, but he did not say anything about it. She had the face of someone important, and the name of someone important as well. Her countenance was austere until she began to smile, and Jon saw something very odd in her face, something he had not expected to see in someone like her. Dare he say...humanity?

“Your patients must be more complicated than mine, I'm sure.” Jon said, obviously convinced that proper humility teetered on the edge of self-deprication. “My clientel are farmers and servants and very occasionally, the nobleman who has taken a tumble from his horse and cannot reach his household healer. I have no permanent home,” Anymore. “So I take my practice,” And my sister, “On the road.” He finished, putting in the occasion edit in the privacy of his own head. He smiled at the wolves and held out a hand for them to sniff, taking care to keep his movements slow and fluid, as he was well-aware that at any moment, they could decide that they didn't like him all that much and snap his hand off with one bite.

“Yes, I have. I keep my kit stocked with them, normally, and I was nearly out of both of them, so I did some gathering on the border of Foirfich and Muireach.” He didn't add that he was much too scared to do anything gathering inside of Foirfich. Not only was there nothing in the way of foraging, but he feared being arrested and executed if he so as took a handful of grass for his kit. Foirfich was a vast wasteland of iron and oppression, and he couldn't wait until Nikita was ready to move on. Perhaps her banshee senses were on overload from the high volume of death that he knew transpired within the city. “Why?” He asked, not unkindly.

He watched, transfixed, as she produced a sparkling purple butterfly from her hands. Jon may have been stronger than anyone he had ever met in addition to having some sway over time, but he couldn't conjure a flying creature out of thin air. He watched, enchanted, as it alighted on the rose he had left as an offering and disappeared to whence it came. As it vanished, he turned to her in wonder.

“How did you...? Never mind...that's your business. It's...that was beautiful. Thank you.”

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Khalidah Sherwood
 Posted: Apr 8 2015, 06:45 AM
Healer MageSidhe-Vampire
27 years5'10"
SingleHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER

user posted image

“I am sure that you are more than just a simple woman.”
Khalidah smiled at the comment faintly... considering the reality of it. It was somewhat true, the young woman had never just been simple – she had been the first, and only, member of her family to attend Ioralta Academy while it had still been open and a remarkably talented student that excelled in all her classes – spell-casting, potions, enchantments, and herbology. She had even excelled in the surprise classes of archery and fighting with small weapons, considering that she had been raised as a pacifist and that all life was to be cherished. But it was exactly those contradictions that prepared her for later life when disaster struck and Khalidah would awake to find herself turned into a half-vampire. What had happened to her was a first in history... there was no precedent... and the woman only saw it as a curse, though she had come to accept it as inevitable: this was her punishment for standing up to the blood crazed vampire that had been threatening her families existence. Still... in the end Khalidah liked to call herself a simple woman, as it kept her ego in check.

“Your patients must be more complicated than mine, I'm sure. My clientele are farmers and servants and very occasionally, the nobleman who has taken a tumble from his horse and cannot reach his household healer”.
“Perhaps once... but nowadays my patients are mostly those that a town healer would turn away the moment they walked through the door”, the woman commented with a shrug... her shoulders rolling with an almost feline grace. It was true about her patients though... due to the ongoing rebellion in Eacharnach, many people were denied basic health care on the suspicion that they may be rebels themselves – even if they were simple farmers or farriers. Sometimes those people would turn to the rebellion for help because they knew they would not be turned away, as a result the sidhe-vampire had found herself healing rebel fighters and common folk alike, regardless of background or condition. “Even with the magical healing touch that I possess, I cannot stretch myself too far. I resort to herbs for minor scrapes and use my magic for more... severe wounds... if I use my healing touch too often I become exhausted and useless to anyone”.

“Why?”
Khalidah smiled, holding up her hands in a mock form of 'I surrender'. “Don't worry... I'm not law enforcement of the herbal variety”, the woman chuckled, her amusement coming from both the question and her own answer. She was well aware that some people in Foirfich did not appreciate people foraging for wild-grown herbs that were common in the healing practice, but Khalidah was not such a person. For starters she had been born in Teumnach were magic and healing was practiced openly and freely.... here in Foirfich it was strictly regulated and all magic was only used in service of the king.
“To be honest... I could smell them on you. Those particular herbs have a lasting scent, and it's quite earthy and pleasant”, the woman explained with an innocent grin, it was the truth after all... she had only asked because she was curious as to whether her assumptions had been correct, and it seemed that in this instance it had been.

“How did you...? Never mind...that's your business. It's...that was beautiful. Thank you.”
The mage blushed faintly and nodded head head, accepting the thanks graciously. It had been a long time she had last been able to use her illusions in something so... simple. Her younger sister, Lily, adored butterflies and Khalidah had often used her illusion casting talents to make a group of them flutter around the tiny girls head, making her giggle endlessly. Lily's laugh had been like a ray on sunshine in a dark cloud of uncertainty after their mother had left and the mage had taken on the role of 'housewife' to look after her sister while her father and brothers worked. Those had been better times for Khalidah.... now she was constantly reminded that she was a wanted escaped criminal (by false accusation) and a rebel... 'home' seemed far away and unachievable for now.
“My other talent....” Khaldiah answered the question simply. “It was merely an illusion, but some of the magic used will linger on the rose regardless, for a time at least”.

WORD COUNT;; 740
OOC COMMENTS;; N/A

--------------------
user posted image
Rebel Healer Mage

Co-Admin
PMWebsite
^
Luke Lancashire
 Posted: Apr 19 2015, 06:32 PM
HealerHuman
276'1"
SingleHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER

Jon blinked, impressed that she could identify herbs merely by smelling them on another person, and it wasn't like these herbs were rubbed into his skin, these were herbs he toted along in his small bag. Most healers carried a small version of their kit with them wherever they went, and Jon was no exception, and it had served him well. Yet, he could only identify the most pungent herbs when he was gathering them. He wondered if this extraordinary sense of smell had something to do with the fact that she was of fae blood and he was not. He vaguely wondered if the scent of his healers supplies was stronger to her than he realized. “Then you must be a gifted healer indeed, if you can identify them just by smell.” He said, delighted.

He stared at the place where it had disappeared, as if by looking hard, he could somehow still see it. He saw nothing. Finally, he turned back to her and said, earnestly, “Well, M'lady, it was a beautiful illusion. Sometimes, we need illusions to remind us that there is beauty in our lives.” He didn't go on to tell of how frustrating his life was, at present, even though it was filled with beauty. His sister was the most beautiful thing in his life, of course, even with all of their bickering, and even though they were unfruitful in their quest to learn who had killed their parents and exact revenge on them, he did ge to travel all over Speirling and meet people from all over the seven kingdoms.

His attention was snapped up by the sounds of stomping boots by the door and he tensed on instinct. Next thing he heard were men's voices and a loud bang as the door slammed open. Ten Foirfichian guards spilled over the threshold, armed and streaming towards them. Jon didn't even have time to state his business. They advanced toward him and he felt his body stiffen in ancitipation of arrest of violence, but to his surprise, they brushed past him to the woman behind him. One, he seemed to be the leader, called out in an authoritative bass voice, “Khalidah Leaf-Fall of Eacharnach, I hereby place you under arrest by the order of King Pandion Alexander.”

Jon, newly drawn to this stranger, thought of nothing, but marched up to the leader and spoke right to his face. “Sir, this woman only came here to worship, as did I. Surely, no crime can be great enough to cause her to be arrested in a holy place, while she is in prayer?” All through this speech, Jon had not laid a hand on the man, he had even kept a respectful distance from him and used polite language, but it didn't matter to him. He took one look at Jon and addressed his men. “And arrest this vagabond for disturbing the peace!”

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Khalidah Sherwood
 Posted: May 12 2015, 08:39 AM
Healer MageSidhe-Vampire
27 years5'10"
SingleHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER

user posted image

“Then you must be a gifted healer indeed, if you can identify them just by smell.”
Khalidah laughed softly, her cheeks taking on a slight rosy hue at the compliment. The healer mage was not used to getting compliments all that often, especially when they were based on appearance – but not that she was willing to brag, but her healing talents were something that Khalidah was naturally proud of. And it was simply a delight to talk with another of the profession on such a relaxed basis. Ofcourse there were other 'healers' amongst the rebels back in Eacharnach, but Khalidah worked long hours dividing her time between the healing centre and training the archers that she never left much time for socialising these days... the only two people that she saw regularly outside of 'work' were Peregrine and Aden, and even then their conversations would wind around to how they could annoy Pandion next. After the two boys had gotten drunk and stole two horses from the castle, the reports since then had been quite promising.

“As I said, those herbs have a distinct scent. They were easy to detect”, the woman chuckled faintly. “It helps when I have a long standing familiarity with them.... my mother was a healer herself, though she specialised with the herbal rather than the magical, so my training started when I was very young”.
Kachina whined faintly, turning her gaze between the fae woman and the human man, pleading with both of them for someone to give her attention. For a wild animal, the white wolf could act rather domesticated at times – and the leather collars that adorned the necks of both wolves certainly did not help that assumption. Khalidah rolled her eyes and stroked Kachina's neck slightly which caused the animal to turn and demand some attention to her head as well, and Khalidah changed the pat to run across the wolf's closed eyes as well. Animals were a calming presence for the healer mage.... they kept her sane. Without her animals – three horses and two wolves in all – Khaldiah felt as naked as a warrior without their weapons.

“Well, M'lady, it was a beautiful illusion. Sometimes, we need illusions to remind us that there is beauty in our lives.”
The woman nodded in agreement, though she did not speak a word towards the notion. It was true, that sometimes people needed a reminder that there was still beauty and goodness left in the world... even Khalidah had to remind herself of it from time to time. The woman had used her illusions to distract herself and her siblings whenever their parents had been fighting before their mother had left without a word... little Lily had been entertained by the illusions the most. Khalidah wasn't able to dwell on the matter when ten guards in Foirfich uniforms spilled through the doorway and advanced towards the pair of healers.
“Khalidah Leaf-Fall of Eacharnach, I hereby place you under arrest by the order of King Pandion Alexander.”
The sidhe-vampire had to resist from correcting the guard that she was 'Khalidah of Teumnach'... but considering her current circumstances they were not entirely wrong. To top things off, she wasn't overly surprised that the order was from Pandion... after all Eacharnach did have an alliance with Foirfich currently. Either way, this was NOT good.

Khalidah stood up abruptly, wishing she had her bow and arrows at that moment, rather than having left them strapped to her horses saddlebags, however that was an idle wish... Khaldiah would undoubetly refuse to use the weapons straight away, considering that she was a pacifist by nature. The wolves rose to their paws, hackles raised, they growled at the soldiers that could rightfully be labelled as 'unfriendly'... the wolves liked Jon though. “Sir, this woman only came here to worship, as did I. Surely, no crime can be great enough to cause her to be arrested in a holy place, while she is in prayer?” Khalidah quickly grabbed his wrist and pulled him backwards, pushing him behind her with eyes wide in alarm a moment before the leader of the guards issued his second order. “And arrest this vagabond for disturbing the peace!”
“Jon, unfortunately these men don't care about that. There was a warrant for arrest issued by a King from an aligned kingdom... that's all that matters to them”, Khalidah hastily explained. “Holy place or not”. Her eyes darting around... searching for a method of escape. Sadly there were too many pieces on this game board for it to come out in her favour. There was another option, but only if it meant that Jon and her wolves could walk out of the temple freely... she wondered if he would mind looking after them for a time, or atleast long enough to deliver them to the rebels in Eacharnach. Same said for her two horses, Tinker and Zephyr, that were currently in the city. Khalidah couldn't risk having her horses sold. The guards moved closure, swords drawing, bows or spears trained on her. “Wait wait wait!!” Khalidah ventured, holding her hands out in front of her. “Sir, if I come quietly, will you let him go on his way? No arrest and no charges against his name?”

WORD COUNT;; 881
OOC COMMENTS;; N/A

--------------------
user posted image
Rebel Healer Mage

Co-Admin
PMWebsite
^
Luke Lancashire
 Posted: May 18 2015, 09:13 AM
HealerHuman
276'1"
SingleHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER

"Arrest this vagabond for disturbing the peace!" Even as Jon recoiled, one of the guards matched forward, seeming pleased that he got to go through with another arrest. This one wasn't on a warrant made by a foreign king: with this one, he could be as rough as he liked. Before Jon knew what was happening, he felt his face meet the polished, black stone wall of the temple that knocked all the breath out of him. His hands were being pinned behind him and his wrists were forced into tight chains. The guard took pleasure in being rough with him and jerked him away from the wall and gave him barely a second to stand on his feet and gather his bearings before he kicked Jon from behind, sending him to fall hard on his knees. Jon winced and tried to ignore the sharp pain resulting from his fall. As suddenly as it had all started, it stopped, Khalidah's voice calling above everything, asking for his freedom in exchange for her cooperation.

The guard who had given the order to arrest Khalidah -- the one who appeared to be their leader -- fixed her with a stern expression and when it spoke, it was with a thick, slow drawl. "M'lady, this man is disturbing the peace and will be held on suspicion of being an accomplice to the Resistance of Eacharnach." He said.

Jon was not the sort of man who rolled his eyes, stomped his foot, and did other things reminiscent of teenagers, but he made a face. "Ever think of holding me on suspicion of my goodwill towards my fellow healers?" He said, sarcastically. The guard who was holding him delivered another swift kick in the ribs and Jon flopped over, his forehead touching the ground, biting his tongue to keep from crying out.

"Don't kill him, Marks." The leader of the guards ordered. Marks only smirked. Jon had understood that the leader had meant, "don't hurt him unnecessary", but wanted to appear tough, whereas Marks would make it his personal mission to do everything to Jon up to killing him. The leader turned back to Khalidah, nodding to two of his men, who immediately moved to flank her. They did not touch her, for their hands were on their weapons, ready to draw them on her if necessary. "You will come with us, M'lady. Whether you do so quietly or not is your business." He said. He was a large man and everything about him, from the way he spoke to the way he moved, formed the image of someone who was placid. He seemed experienced, what with a large scar running the length of his face and when Jon looked into his face, he didn't see a man who was cruel by nature. He glanced back at Khalidah and said, "It's okay. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine." He was innocent in the charges that had just been set against him, so in theory, he should be released in no more than a few days. In reality, he was worried, as he did not harbor much faith in the justice done by the Foirfichian authorities...or any authorities, for that matter. Not having a kingdom to claim as his own did have it's perks and it's shortcomings. He decided to take matters into his own hands and spoke directly to the leader of the guards, thinking him a reasonable man.

"We will both come quietly." He said, his voice calm. "There will be no need for bloodshed."

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Khalidah Sherwood
 Posted: May 26 2015, 07:33 PM
Healer MageSidhe-Vampire
27 years5'10"
SingleHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER

user posted image

The healer-mage had failed to get her new found companion out of harms way before he was rough handled. Khalidah wanted to help him, protect him... but her instincts were fighting each other. Khaldiah was protective, but she was a pacifist.... while at the same time her recently 'given' vampiric instincts were wanting her to attack. Then there was a that intoxicating scent... it was coming from the guards and it was the scent of blood. Jon didn't possess such a smell that would have sent her vampiric thirst for blood into overdrive... but these strangers did. Khalidah had to make a hard call, ignoring the painful sounds that her fellow healer made as one guard laid into him, turning away to claw one hand against the wall as her fangs tried to extend. The woman made a strangled sound in her own pain, closing her eyes tightly as she tried to regain what control she had.

The sound of her wolves growling broke her from the darkness of vampiric insanity, glancing around to see Hania poised ready to attack at any moment, the hackle fur across his neck and shoulders standing on end. Kachina was growling, but more as a warning than a threat... the white female was always the more placid of the two, but when push comes to shove, Kachina could be pretty dangerous. No no no no! Khalidah couldn't let her wolves fight these guards, even in defence of herself or their new friend. “Kachina. Hania. Sed vade et percute equorum. Iustus run!” the sidhe-vampire shouted at the wolves in the ancient tongue, praying that the guards would be confused long enough for the two canines to escape the temple and do as she commanded. The female was the first to stop growling, turning her head to look at Khalidah with a sad expression. Hania on the other hand growled for a moment longer before Khaldiah shouted again. “Redire ad rebelles!” There was no question of what the healer-mage wanted. With a final snap of his jaws, the black male wolf led his mate racing down the temple and streaked out the doors into daylight. Khalidah whispered a quiet prayer that they would do as commanded and return to the rebels in Eacharnach, alerting Peregrine and Aden that she had been captured.

"M'lady, this man is disturbing the peace and will be held on suspicion of being an accomplice to the Resistance of Eacharnach."
Khalidah tore her mind from her wolves, turning to look at the leader of the guards with a narrowed gaze. Her eyes even seemed to have a touch more red in the hue of her icy silver eyes. “Take it from one who is....” Khalidah began, her eyes flickering towards the other healer. She didn't care admitting that she was a rebel now... the guards already knew. It was no secret that she had escaped the former prison kingdom of Riasglach with Peregrine Alexander, the rightful king of Eacharnach. “He's not part of the resistance”. The woman was standing up straighter, her fangs having won their fight and were poking out over her bottom lip slightly... and she wasn't playing the act of 'surrender' anymore. Khalidah wouldn't fight them for her freedom, oh no, but she wouldn't play the victim card either... though she could try to keep Jon alive. Surely he had family somewhere that would want to see him again.

One of the guards had kicked Jon in the ribs roughly and Khalidah abandoned her position facing down the leader of the guards to tend to the healer instead, but she was stopped by two of the guards flanking her on either side. "You will come with us, M'lady. Whether you do so quietly or not is your business." Khaldiah looked between three people: Jon, laying there in pain on the temple floor; the leader, judging by the fact that he was doing all the talking; and the violent one called Marks. “I'll come... but let me heal him first atleast”, she responded, but she didn't wait for an answer before making her way over to her fellow healer. "It's okay. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine." It was a commendable attitude on his part, but the woman didn't particularly like his chances. Khalidah brushed his hair from his face gently before laying her hands on his body wherever Marks had hit or kicked him. There wasn't any glowing light, spells or incantations... her healing magic was very low-key, almost private in a sense, but where her hands were would have felt somewhat warmer underneath as her magic repaired whatever damage there was on the surface and internal.

The moment Khalidah's hands lifted from Jon's body, one of the men who had been flanking her dragged her to her feet, holding her firmly so that the other could slap her across the face. The sidhe-vampire had stood as rigid as a statue, not allowing them so see that such a strike had hurt... it had even given her a thin cut down her cheek as she had been slapped with a hand in a gauntlet. One that was over with the grasp on her was adjusted so that both men could take hold of an arm each. "We will both come quietly. There will be no need for bloodshed." Khalidah glanced at Jon... it didn't seem like they were getting out of this any time soon.

WORD COUNT;; 907
OOC COMMENTS;; N/A
TRANSLATION:
  • Kachina. Hania. Sed vade et percute equorum. Iustus run! = Kachina. Hania. No, go get the horses and run. Just run!
  • Redire ad rebelles = Go back to the rebels

This post has been edited by Khalidah Leaf-Fall: Aug 11 2015, 10:39 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Rebel Healer Mage

Co-Admin
PMWebsite
^
Luke Lancashire
 Posted: Jun 2 2015, 09:02 PM
HealerHuman
276'1"
SingleHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER

Khalidah called out to her wolves in what Jon could only assume was the Ancient Tongue. Jon knew enough about fae and animal familiars that these wolves were likely being sent forth to get help from...whomever Khalidah was in league. Apparently, the soldiers did not suspect the same things Jon suspected, for they laughed as the wolves went speeding off, as if this was Khalidah's pathetic attempt to get back at them, or even more likely, that they saw her saving her wolves as a pathetic power attempt. Jon paid them no mind. If a citizen of Eacharnach was considered dangerous enough to be tracked down and arrested in Foirfich, she was most probably in league with people who could get them out of this bind.

He opened his mouth to tell her that it was all right. He might have been in pain just then, but he knew it would not only pass, but his body knew how to heal itself quickly. Maybe it had something to do with his being a healer, or maybe he had just been born that way, but Jon always healed quickly. He was born with other, more frightening powers, but he kept them even closer to the vest. He said nothing, however, as she gently placed her hands on his face and he felt a great peacefulness washing over him, stemming from her cool touch, healing him much faster than his own powers could have. He stood up straighter, even within the clutches of the guard who held him, now able to hold himself with more poise than he would have been able to do before. "Thank you." He said, inclining his head towards her with courtesy.

"Lead the way." He told the guards. Their leader motioned to his men and his guard gave him a final shove, apparently irritated that Khalidah had healed the wounds that he had worked so hard to inflict. Jon couldn't help but grin to himself, which made the guard even angrier, but his leader was watching him, and he could not do anything else to his prisoner.

The guard led them out of the temple and onto the streets, where the passerbys stopped what they were doing to watch the procession. Jon kept his eyes up and observant, watching them. They didn't seem to be watching out of curiosity, but out of habit. Of course! They were no doubt encouraged to watch the prisoner processions as a way to fight crime. Jon remembered why he avoided Foirfich whenever possible, as he found it an unnecessarily cruel society. Then, the lightbulb went on for him. Foirfich might be the perfect place to house someone cold-blooded enough to slaughter an entire village. What if the murderers he and Nikita had been searching for were --

He was distracted as they entertained an ominous black building and he and Khalidah were thrown into adjoining cells. His guard gave him one last kick and Jon scrambled upright in time to see Khalidah's guard leer at her through the bars. Their leader were present, so the men could do no more than look, but it still made Jon angry. To distract himself, he put his hands on the bars on his window and pulled ever so slightly. Oh yes, these were like butter under his fingers. He could get out of here in under a minute, but he couldn't deliver them from the swords of the guards.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Khalidah Sherwood
 Posted: Jun 7 2015, 07:03 AM
Healer MageSidhe-Vampire
27 years5'10"
SingleHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER

user posted image

Khalidah didn't care that the guards were laughing at her because her wolves had fled. It was exactly what she had wanted Hania and Kachina do.... if she had allowed them to fight for her then they would have surely been slain. No, those wolves had been with her ever since she had been locked up in Riasglach under false charges when it had still been a prison, she couldn't let them be killed. Besides, these men were only humans and for the most part humans could not understand let alone speak the Ancient Tongue that was native to the fae folk. There were a few isolated cases where a human had learned the language as fluently as any fae, but they were fairly rare. Khaldiah had wanted these men to assume wrong when it came to her orders that she had shouted at the wolves, and those two canines were fairly reliable.... she could only hope that they would be able to warn the rebels some how. With luck, when the wolves arrived with the horses and without their mistress, Peregrine or Aden would work out that something was terribly wrong.

Her cheek and chin were starting to ache, a bruise developing where the armoured gauntlet had struck her face... the smell of her own blood was starting to affect her as well, but in other ways. The smell wasn't nauseating, but it was certainly worrying.... she was starting to zone out on reality and hallucinate. This was the problem with being half-vampire... even her own blood could send her loopy. But it wasn't the sense of wanting to drink her own blood, it was simply a cue that she needed the replenish herself. Khalidah was usually able to sate her thirst with red meat that was cooked very rare, the natural juices running across the plate... but it was getting harder and harder to control it. Red meat wasn't working as well as it usually did. Being half dragged from the temple snapped the woman out of her hallucination, bringing her to reality with a jolt.

Seeing the local people starring at her and Jon being escorted from the temple of the first gods under armed guard seemed to show that not even a temple was sacred from being a location of arrest. If the law of Foirfich was going to arrest someone, they weren't going to let anyone stop them. The healer shrugged the guards off her arms, walking straighter, showing them that she could damn well walk by herself... even if she was a prisoner. The two guards that flanked her wouldn't allow it however, taking up her arms once again. Being a prisoner was nothing new to the woman... Riasglach was not exactly a distant memory for her, despite having gladly left it behind. How could it get any worse? She had been rounded up as a potential 'play thing' for a murderous guard named Dario in Riasglach when it had still been a prison. Poor Annaliese... she'd been so young...so sweet... innocent even. Annaliese had been born in the prison, guilty of no crimes. Now it seemed that she may face a similar fate...

Thrown to the ground in her cell, Khalidah rolled on instinct so that the wind wasn't knocked out of her, hissing at the men dangerously, her silver eyes flashing a bright red as her vampiric half gained some control over her sensibilities. For a glorious moment, the two men that had thrown her even looked terrified. What kind of monster did the rebels of Eacharnach have fighting for them?! She looked like a sidhe, and yet there was something very dark within her. As if something had possessed her. They backed out of the cell quickly, closing the bared door with a deafening clang. Only the man that had been called Marks stood leering at her for a moment... and she knew that he was going to be trouble. Red eyes watched the man leave before the healer mage ran a hand across her cheek, healing her own damaged cheek. As her eyes turned back to their natural silver, Khalidah made her way to the wall dividing their cells.. there were only bars at the top and she had to pull herself up to try and see over the brick section. “Jon? Are you alright?”

WORD COUNT;; 725
OOC COMMENTS;; N/A

This post has been edited by Khalidah Leaf-Fall: Aug 11 2015, 10:39 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Rebel Healer Mage

Co-Admin
PMWebsite
^
Luke Lancashire
 Posted: Jun 11 2015, 12:10 PM
HealerHuman
276'1"
SingleHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER

The guards seemed mostly content, now that their prisoners were safely behind bars...or so they thought. Jon could have pried them apart with butter between his fingers, but he didn't know what he would do once the guards had noticed he had gone and torn the bars of his prison apart. He couldn't...he wouldn't fight them, even if he could. He didn't suppose there was some way he could drug them from inside the prison. He still had his medicine kit on him, but a fat lot of good it did him, behind black iron.

Apart from the occasional leer at Khalidah, the guards attended to their own business and Jon scooted himself closer to Khalidah, so he could better converse with her. He cast one more glance in the guards' direction, making sure that if they were watching, they couldn't meet his attempt to converse with violence. "I'm fine." He told her, once again checking in with the guards. "Ribs still throbbing, but all of the injuries have been wiped away...thank you, by the way." He added. He could heal himself on his own, so long as magic hadn't been involved in wounding him, but she had been much faster, in setting his body back to rights. "Are you all right?"

He stared at the guards for a particularly long moment, making sure they weren't looking at them too closely, before he leaned in and whispered to her. "No one but my sister knows this about me, but I...I'm strong...really strong. When I say 'strong', I mean I can rip hundred-year-old trees up by the roots without breaking a sweat." He checked in with the guards again, the looks he threw them becoming almost obsessive. "I can tear these bars apart like butter; I can free us before you can say 'Jack Robinson', but I can offer nothing once we are on the other side of these cells."

He had noticed that she had sent her wolves running off after having spoken to them in the Ancient Tongue, and he was holding onto a hope that this might mean something; that she had connections that would get them out of here. They had arrested her on suspicion of being a rebel of the dead prince. Jon had heard of their organization, but he knew nothing of their potency for violence. "They arrested you being an accomplice to the Resistance Movement in Eacharnach...your rebels, can they fight? ...And can you get them here before the sun rises tomorrow morn?"

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll