Welcome to Swords of Speirling. We are an original fantasy site, set in a fictional world divided into seven kingdoms. We are set in the Medieval-ish/Renaissance period of this world. We have 20+ playable races available, we have no word count, and we are rated mature. Our application process is simple and to-the-point and we are LGBTQ+ friendly, straight-/cisgendered-ally friendly, and ALL racial identities-friendly. We do believe in some order, but we don't take ourselves all that seriously. Jerks need not apply. It is currently WINTER.

We are currently searching for royal family members and military characters, particularly knights.

ACTIVE MEMBERS: 20
TOTAL MEMBERS: 26

EACHARNACH: 26
GAOTHAIDH: 12
FOIRFICH: 10
TEUMNACH: 20
MUIREACH: 12
SGAITHTE: 5
RIASGLACH: 6
WANDERERS: 11

BE RESPECTFUL. NO WHINING. NO HATE. GUESTS WELCOME.
Mobile Link: http://my.cbox.ws/SoSFree
We also have Discord: Click

Affiliate with us!

RPG-DirectoryDistant Fantasies
Southern Winds WeyrBefore the Mast
Gloria PatriEpoch Fantasy
The Supernatural LifePraesidium
The GamesTeair Nova
Pandora's AscensionA Call to Arms
Find The Rabbit HoleGallowed Magic
MAYMMaerish
Marvel: Lost Horizonsle Roi Soleil
Once Upon a NightmareAbrora
OPENOPEN
OPENOPEN

Sidebar: Dana
Coding Help: RCR & RPG'D
Mini Profile Code: Gotham's Reckoning of RPG
Skin: Brittanique of RPG'D
banners and site concept: Peregrine

Add Reply
New Poll

Caged Thoughts - Open, Open
Pandion Alexander
 Posted: Mar 25 2017, 04:23 PM
King of EacharnachHuman
246 '1'
SingleBisexual
APPPLOTTER
TBA

Pandion sat at his desk signing various papers that needed his approval or rejection. Many things crossed his desk and more and more was news of his brother Peregrine and his troublesome rebellion. That rebellion plagued his mind it was all seemed to be able to think about, it felt like it was driving him mad. It was only midday and it felt like this had been going on for a whole week without end, he felt tired.

He sighed and stood up and looked out the window at the view of the City below and rubbed his face wishing he could make sense of all this. He still didn't understand how his brother even survived he saw him die himself. Sometimes he wondered if it was really his brother out there and not just an upstart wearing his face seeking to take the thrown. A part of him wanted to believe that theory instead, it made things so much easier. But also he really did believe Peregrine was alive out there and that was what clawed at him.

Then there was a knock at the door that brought him out of his obsessive thoughts and he turned to the door "Come in.. the door is unlocked" he said returning to his desk and wondering how it might be at the door.
PM
^
Larisa Suthain
 Posted: Apr 25 2017, 03:16 AM
Court WitchSidhe-Demigod
1685'7"
EngagedHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER
Memories, where have you gone?

user posted image

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Having a witch hired at the royal court was a common practice in many lands across Speirling, but having one that possessed hair the colour of snow and with the powers to match; now that was unique to only Eacharnach. Larisa wasn't the only witch hired employed at Castle Freumhach, but she had never really met any of the others she shared an occupation with. Most of the time, they just stayed out of each others way.

The one who was constantly 'in her way' was the chamberlain, constantly seeking her to perform some ritual, or entertain at some banquet. It was quite draining. Larisa did not mind the lavish feasts, but being called upon like a court jester was trying her patience. The court witch pushed her troubled thoughts aside, continuing down the hallway towards the castle library. Larsia was hoping to do some further research on the mysterious 'Ice Queen' that she heard about when she was first hired on at the castle.

“Lady Larisa”.
Larisa sighed heavily, suppressing a groan of exasperation. 'Speak of the demon, and he shall appear' was the thought that crossed the privacy of her own mind. Turning, Larisa faced the source of the voice, hiding her emotions with a well trained mask.
“Chamberlain... what can I do for you?” she asked calmly.
“I wished to discuss what entertainment you will be providing for the next feast”, the man drawled on. Larisa pursed her lips, debating whether to argue with him. “The snow you have a habit of creating is a nuisance to clean up afterwards... if you could provide something else...”
The court witch held up a hand to silence him, already insulted by the implication. “No can do. I only have ice based powers... so I cannot provide something else”, the white haired woman explained, before her patience finally snapped. “I am not a dancing horse you can direct to perform some other trick”.

The chamberlain was visibly fuming. “You.... you....” the man stammered, his face turning red in anger. “You cannot speak to me like that!”
Larisa took a deep breath, turned around and began walking away, carrying her trademark staff topped with blue crystal. The staff was almost the symbol of her office.
“I will speak to the king about this. Have you removed!”
The woman with snow white hair glanced over her shoulder, amused that the man was behaving like a petulant child. “Save your breath”, she commented, turning her gaze back to the direction she was walking.

Rather than heading to the library, Larisa ended up turning towards the kings study. In her mind, it was better to explain the situation to the King first before the chamberlain spun the story way out of proportion. She knocked on the door lightly, smoothed down the skirt of her gown while she waited.
"Come in.. the door is unlocked”.
Larisa entered the room, closing the door behind her quietly.
“Afternoon your majesty”, the court witch greeted with a curtsey. “Might I borrow a moment of your time?”

WORD COUNT;; 508
OOC COMMENTS;; N/A

This post has been edited by Larisa Snædís: Apr 26 2017, 07:42 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Court Witch, Snow Mage
This sig was made by: FlightDesigns
PM
^
Pandion Alexander
 Posted: Apr 29 2017, 06:55 PM
King of EacharnachHuman
246 '1'
SingleBisexual
APPPLOTTER
TBA

Pandion blinked and stood straight when Lady Larisa entered the study and he nodded his head to her. As her position in the his court he valued her opinion and he held respect for her at the very least, she was quite a powerful witch in her own right. That and she held herself accordingly one could not deny she was high born and knew the power she had. On a unrelated note if she hadn't already been engaged he might have enquired.. But now was not the time for such thoughts and it was pointless anyway.

" Good Afternoon Lady Larisa, Of course you can have a seat if you wish" the King said as he motioned to the chair across from him as he pushed the paperwork he had been working on to the side for the moment. "What can I do for you?" he asked with genuine curiosity about what she might need to discuss with him as they has no scheduled appointments for the day with her so he wasn't quite sure what this was about.

PM
^
Larisa Suthain
 Posted: May 6 2017, 12:01 AM
Court WitchSidhe-Demigod
1685'7"
EngagedHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER

user posted image

The king had no real need to raise to his feet whenever she entered the room, after all, he was the king. But the fact that he showed enough respect for her to do so, Larisa appreciated the fact. The fact that his respect for her stemmed from not only her position at the court, but the believe that she was high born was not lost on her.

What no one knew, including the king, was that Larisa could not rightly say that she was high born or not... though there was evidence to suggest that she was. The snow mage only possessed a years worth of memories, as much of her past, including her childhood, had been wiped from her mind during the 149 years she had been imprisoned as a statue of ice. Her remaining siblings were still frozen in much the same manner... all of them had been frozen by their own mother. A mother who was trapped under the cursed control of a wicked witch. Larisa knew not about the witch, or her mother, only that of her siblings thanks to Lyr; a woman who had freed her from the ice, and believed to be Larisa's sister.

The claim to being high born now truly only stemmed from her engagement to Xanda Bergstrom, the heir to one of Eacharnach's noble houses. Larisa loved her betrothed, it was true, but she still received proposals often from other noblemen. Her white hair gave her that 'exotic' appeal that many men wanted for themselves.

"Good Afternoon Lady Larisa, Of course you can have a seat if you wish".
Larisa inclined her head in thanks, crossing the room towards his desk, the base of her staff clicking on the stone floor with every stride until she reached the large rug that was situated underneath the kings desk. The snow mage took the seat opposite from the king, keeping hold of her staff that it was still upright at her side.
"What can I do for you?"
“I hate to disturb you, as I can see you are clearly busy...” the woman apologised, gesturing a hand towards the papers he had just pushed aside. “Though, if there is anything you would seek advice on... please don't hesitate to ask your majesty. I would be happy to assist you”.

Seeing his pile of paperwork, Larisa began to doubt whether she should have intruded with her complaints about the chamberlain prepared in her mind. A frown creased into her brow at the sight of all the paperwork... there was an awful lot there.
“I can come back at another time that is more convenient...” the snow mage offered, preparing to stand up and leave the room if the king was agreeable to a delay. Larisa would prefer to talk to the king before the chamberlain did, but if the king was too busy at the current time, then it was a calculated risk she would have to take.

WORD COUNT;; 495
OOC COMMENTS;; N/A

--------------------
user posted image
Court Witch, Snow Mage
PM
^
Pandion Alexander
 Posted: May 7 2017, 11:13 AM
King of EacharnachHuman
246 '1'
SingleBisexual
APPPLOTTER
TBA

Pandian eyed the snow mage in from of him and smiled slightly at her offer of advice and council. What he really need more then ever were people who would tell him information that he needed to know. The offer was one he appreciated.

"Thank you Lady Larisa, I shale keep that in mind. I am glad to know I have your mind is in my corner" he said with a light chuckle. Though In all honesty he wasn't sure this was true, this could simply be her being nice and cordial no way of knowing just how loyal the snow mage was. However he couldn't afford to act on active mistrust, for now he had to take her at her words and for now there was nothing to show that she was untrue.

Then she seemed to become nervous seeing the work upon his desk and started to rise with the courteous but unneeded offer of coming back later. The king shook his head and rose a hand to stop her. "Now is as good a time is any My Lady" he said lightly a small smile playing on his lips again.

"Paperwork is easily ignored and I can always get back to it later and it will not be offended" he added with a chuckle. "Now what is on you mind? I am all ears I assure you" he asked genuinely curious of what had brought her here.

@Larisa Snædís
PM
^
Larisa Suthain
 Posted: May 12 2017, 02:09 AM
Court WitchSidhe-Demigod
1685'7"
EngagedHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER

user posted image

Larisa didn't know much of the ongoings between the King and his rebel brother. She had no real loyalty to one side or the other since she had been 'out of time' so to speak for so long. She had only been concious for a year, returning to a world of chaos where kings were murdered and thrones were fought over. The time before she had been frozen in ice had been a simpler time – not that she remembered those years.

The snow mage was rather pragmatic in her role as a court witch. Whether Pandion or Peregrine was on the throne, she would serve either one of them to the best of her abilities. She wasn't loyal to the person, but the crown. She would serve either of them faithfully... but her own mistrust of people made it impossible to be loyal to just one. So instead, she was loyal to the title, not the person who occupied the role.

But Pandion could be certain of one thing: Larisa would never try to remove him from the throne.

"Now is as good a time is any My Lady".
The mage hesitated. She didn't move towards the door, but she did not sit back down either. “Are you sure, your majesty?”
"Paperwork is easily ignored and I can always get back to it later and it will not be offended".
The king allayed her worries that it was a bad time for her to be interrupting his work. With a soft smile and a nod of her head, Larisa walked over to the wall, lent her trademark staff against it before approaching the chair once again and sat down. For the mage to leave her staff against the wall showed a lot about the woman, as she never parted with it.
"Now what is on you mind? I am all ears I assure you".

The woman who was technically far older than she realised, took a deep breath before exhaling. But as she did so, Larisa placed the palm of her hand over her face, as the goblet of water that sat on the King's desk had just frozen over. This was the problem with a 'cold breath' power – it could freeze any body of liquid... and she'd just frozen the kings drink.
“I apologise for that”, the woman commented, lowering the hand from her face and gesturing to the goblet. Though it was the perfect way to broach the subject now. “That power is a little beyond my control at this stage”.
Larisa felt no shame in admitting to her faults.

Were she able, the snow mage would unfreeze the kings goblet... but unfortunately she could only freeze, never thaw.
“To be honest, my powers are... partly... the reason I have come to speak with you”, Larisa admitted freely. “I've had a discussion with the chamberlain, and he has the idea that I need to use... some other element while casting my magic. Surely you understand how ridiculous a notion that is?”
She didn't come outright and say that the chamberlain was an idiot, but she very much so felt that way.
“I may have accused him of treating me like a trick pony... which he did not take kindly”, the snow mage explained further, keeping her tone of voice serious.

WORD COUNT;; 554
OOC COMMENTS;; N/A

--------------------
user posted image
Court Witch, Snow Mage
PM
^
Pandion Alexander
 Posted: Jun 3 2017, 09:05 AM
King of EacharnachHuman
246 '1'
SingleBisexual
APPPLOTTER
TBA

Pandion blinked as he looked the frozen goblet on his desk he didn't mind as he could always get a new drink but he did find it very interesting. though it was concerning this bit was beyond her control, after all what was to stop her from freezing flesh by accident? but he didn't bring any of this up right now as it may appear rude, and that was the last thing he wanted to be to his guest.

"I see, well not to worry, I was pretty much done with it anyway.. forgot It was even there." he said it waving off.. "That is interesting though" he said leaning back in his chair to listen to her further about the problem she was facing..

“I've had a discussion with the chamberlain, and he has the idea that I need to use... some other element while casting my magic. Surely you understand how ridiculous a notion that is?”

He quirked the top of his brow at her words it was a ridiculous notion, she was a snow mage after all that didn't leave room for much variety in terms in changing how her powers worked. "Yes.. I agree it makes little sense to ask that of you.." he said nodding agreement. How was it the chamberlains job to tell a court mage how to use her own magic like that.

"Did he mention why?"he asked with a sense of curiosity since at the moment the Chamberlain was coming out as incredibly rude, there had to be a reason why. However he thought about it for a moment and his thoughts went to his frozen Goblet and the fact she couldn't thaw her magic once she cast it.. it could be reasonable to conclude that was problematic for others to work with on occasion.

"Seems to me The chamberlain doesn't quite understand how your powers work Lady Larisa and lacks tact on how to properly voice his concerns" he said voicing his theory as to what may have happened. Perhaps the Chamberlain didn't like the ice being left in the palace.

OCC: Larisa Snædís Sooo Sorry for the wait, been so busy and having so many Posts to do.. I am trying to catch up on them now.
PM
^
Larisa Suthain
 Posted: Jun 4 2017, 08:55 AM
Court WitchSidhe-Demigod
1685'7"
EngagedHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER

user posted image

"Yes.. I agree it makes little sense to ask that of you.. Did he mention why?"
Larisa thought back to her previous conversation with the chamberlain. What was the reason that he had asked her to switch elements? Ah yes... that was it.
“He said that it was a nuisance to clean up...” she offered up with a shrug. “I do understand, snow and ice is frozen water after all... but I always suggest that I perform my tricks outside, to reduce the clean up that is required afterwards... but the man is most insistent that they be performed inside....”

Larisa's voice trailed off as she realised that she was starting to sound like a petulant teenager. Larisa took a deep breath, all the while mentally scolding herself. It was true though. The chamberlain was a stickler for the balls and banquets being hosted inside the castle, so it left the snow mage with very little leeway to work with.

"Seems to me the chamberlain doesn't quite understand how your powers work Lady Larisa and lacks tact on how to properly voice his concerns”.
“If it was a simply misunderstanding, and he asked how they worked... rather than expecting them to work to his assumptions...” Larisa commented pointedly. “I would be more forgiving of his indiscretion”.

Larisa sighed, closing her eyes and shaking her head. “Forgive me your majesty”, she began. “I did not intend to come here to... tattle... like a spoilt child. When I made my displeasure of how I was regarded known to the chamberlain, he took exception and threatened to have me removed from my position here at court”.
The mage with her hair the colour of snow laughed faintly. “I believe his exact words were... I will speak to the king about this”.
The whole situation was starting to appear rather amusing to her now that her frustrations were off her chest.
“I thought it best that you should be aware of the situation... before it blew out of proportion”.

As if on cue, there was another knock on the door. But whomever was doing the knocking did not wait to be called in, simply opening the door and waltzing right in – so to speak. Larisa rose from her chair and collected her staff from the wall, turning to the intruder of the discussion. She almost... almost... groaned at the sight of the chamberlain.
“Forgive me your highness, but this will only take a moment....”
The chamberlain signalled to two armed guards in full armour to enter the room behind him. “Remove Lady Larisa from the chamber”.

Larisa pursed her lips, her brow furrowed in frustration. Enough was enough.
“What is the meaning of this chamberlain?” she asked of the man. He wouldn't be able to avoid it now that they were in the kings presence. At the same time Larisa also called upon her ice based magic, her blue eyes turning completely white as she did so, and the blue crystal of her staff began to glow.

She certainly cut a powerful image.

But the snow mage wasn't going to allow herself to be 'removed' from the room. There was no knowing if the chamberlain had ordered the guards to simply escort her out... or arrest her because she had wounded his pride.

WORD COUNT;; 550
OOC COMMENTS;; No worries. smile.gif I know how busy RL can get first hand.

This post has been edited by Larisa Snædís: Jun 15 2017, 08:23 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Court Witch, Snow Mage
PM
^
Pandion Alexander
 Posted: Jun 15 2017, 05:20 PM
King of EacharnachHuman
246 '1'
SingleBisexual
APPPLOTTER
TBA

Pandion nodded in understanding at the situation, she valued her position the court and someone threatened that. So he could understand her coming to him first rather then waiting for the chamberlain to make a mess of things for her.. Though he would still hear out his half of the story, he was sure cleaning up the snow and Ice was inconvenient but there were people hired at the palace to take care of such things.. It shouldn't be to difficult.

"It is not a problem Lady Larisa, I do understand, you value your position in the court and I can appreciate that.. I will have a talk with the chamberlain" he assured. Or at least that was his plan. What he had not expected was the chamberlain barging into his office without so much as an explanation to clarify why he was acting so atrociously. The king frowned and stood, though Larisa had taken the words right out his mouth.

“What is the meaning of this chamberlain?" Yes exactly what was the meaning of this? His eyes darted to the guards that moved against Lady Larisa who was a powerful and he believed could be a dangerous mage if she wanted to be. No this had to stop now.

"Guards I rescind the Chamberlains order for the moment,neither of you are to touch Lady Larisa you will both wait outside" he spoke and pointed outside the door, feeling fairly confident they would listen to him, after all disobeying a direct order from their king would not do them any good. It would at least earn them a stay in the dungeons.

"And as for you Chamberlain I am not impressed you had better have a good explanation, Answer the lady's question, What is the meaning of this?" He wasn't about to voice it but his position as Chamberlain relied on what his explanation was. Really what was the man thinking, one doesn't simply barge into his office like this and arrest his guest without at least telling him why..
PM
^
Larisa Suthain
 Posted: Jul 10 2017, 04:46 AM
Court WitchSidhe-Demigod
1685'7"
EngagedHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER

user posted image

The two guards that had entered the room with the chamberlain moved towards the snow mage, drawing their swords. They had no true intention to use their weapons, but they would if need be. Larisa narrowed her now completely white eyes, spinning her staff behind her back. The crystal in the end of the staff glowed brighter still, channelling and amplifying her magic.

Was the room getting colder?

"Guards I rescind the Chamberlains order for the moment,neither of you are to touch Lady Larisa you will both wait outside".
The guards obeyed the kings orders, returning their swords to the scabbards that hung from their belts, retreating to the door and waiting outside. With a gesture of her head, Larisa motioned for the door to be closed behind them. One of the guards did just that, allowing the snow mage to move around the room, blocking the door so that the chamberlain could not make an escape and avoid answering the question that had posed to him.

“...Answer the lady's question, What is the meaning of this?"
The chamberlain was struggling for words now. He had not expected the king himself to question why the lady was to be removed.
“The lady has proven herself to be defiant”, he managed, his stance and behaviour more confident that the tone of his voice. “I made a simple request and she refused to even entertain the idea. I suspect she is truly in league with your brother”.
Larisa's gaze flickered to the king. By the gods, she hoped he wasn't buying into this nonsense.
“...You never know with these rebels. They have their sticky fingers in everything...”
The snow mages eyes widened. Gods... the man had began to sound like he believed his own lies!
“..I suppose it is my fault. I was the one that summoned her to court...”

“Oh be silent”, Larisa finally snapped. Her eyes were still white. “You know that to be a lie”.
“I answer to the king, not rogue sorceresses”, the man snapped back, but there was far more venom behind his words. He had come to hate her. It was clear in the gaze of his eyes.
“Just admit to the truth. You cannot accept that my powers are limited to only that of ice, and in your denial wanted me to provide something else”, the mage spoke calmly, her eyes turning back to the natural blue that they were as she let her magic slip. “But your arrogance took offence to that...”

The chamberlain stepped closer to Larisa, squaring up to her. “Your betrothed should have sold you into slavery when he found you”. That insult hurt more than any other words possibly could. It hurt the honour of her beloved. The honour of a good man, loyal to the crown. Her hands tightened her grip on her staff, but instead of hitting the man with her magical weapon... she walked away, crossing the room to stand behind the king's desk, her back turned to the room.

Had it been Xanda in this room instead of the king, he surely would have hit the chamberlain that was puffed up so far on his own self-importance to go so far as to insult a decent man's honour. All because a 'court witch' had put him back in his place.
“Your majesty, it would seem that your chamberlain is attempting to usurp your authority”, she spoke calmly. The snow mage dared not look at the man, least she did something she would later regret. Larisa was speaking truthfully... though a slanted version of the truth. The man had set the guards on her afterall.
“You have my loyalty your majesty”, Larisa added quietly. “You had it the very day that I became a witch of your court. For this man to question my loyalty... to call me a rebel... I find that to be great insult...”

WORD COUNT;; 650
OOC COMMENTS;; N/A

--------------------
user posted image
Court Witch, Snow Mage
PM
^
Pandion Alexander
 Posted: Jul 19 2017, 07:13 PM
King of EacharnachHuman
246 '1'
SingleBisexual
APPPLOTTER
TBA

Pandion had one word for this entire situation, Ridiculous.. and it was giving him a headache.. The chamberlain had gone crazy he must had been to think he could get away with this behaviour.. that or he really was an idiot and he just hadn't noticed til now. He had been willing to hear the man's side of the story but his vindictive personal statements to Lady Larisa was over the line, not to mention the hatred and venom in his voice.. There was something far more personal going on here.. there had to be, This was more than simple annoyance between castle staff, the Chamberlain was looking to get the lady in serious trouble.

After all accusing someone of being allied with his brother in front of him was a dangerous thing to do. But his opinion of his chamberlain was very low right now, even he couldn't take his accusation or words seriously. He had heard nothing foul about Lady Larisa from any of his advisers, the accusation carried little weight.

Though he was curious what the Chamberlains argument was.. "Chamberlain I am curious, how is her defying you as enough to convince me that she is a Rebel? and.. Just what is it you asked her to do?" he asked more for his own curiosity and amusement sake then anything, he had to hear the excuse from the mans own mouth, it didn't really matter what the man said at this point..

The Kings eyes flicked to Lady Larisa "..it is a great insult.. and a threat, an accusation like that is a serious one indeed.." Pandion said calmly leaning forward on his desk. "However, accusing someone of being a rebel falsely without proper cause just as bad" he added shaking his head, he paused a moment in thought.

"I don't doubt your loyalty Lady Larisa, My trusted advisors have said nothing ill of you, and my own eyes see little evidence to counter that... You are professional and you do your job, which is all I ask.." he said with a nod before turning back to the Chamberlain.

"You on the other hand chamberlain have shown no respect at all, nor any amount of professionalism in your job. You have caused a great amount of trouble today, I am trying to find a reason why I should keep you in my court.." he paused the moment sink in.

"I can think of none.." he continued with a sigh. "Leave, you are done here, I will find a new chamberlain." the King's voice was still calm and steady not raising his voice through the entire thing. "Guards? This man no longer works in the Castle, escort him back his office or Quarters to collect his things and put things in order if he wishes, but after he is to leave the castle, with the least amount of fuss as possible if it can be done..Understood?"

Once the ex Chamberlain and the Guards had gone, he turned his gaze over to Lady Larisa again, observing her, curious to her reaction to what just happened.

PM
^
Larisa Suthain
 Posted: Jul 30 2017, 06:38 AM
Court WitchSidhe-Demigod
1685'7"
EngagedHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER

user posted image

"..it is a great insult.. and a threat, an accusation like that is a serious one indeed.. However, accusing someone of being a rebel falsely without proper cause just as bad".

Larisa had never been loyal to the man that occupied the throne before... merely the object that sat upon his head. The court witch was loyal to the crown itself, not the man that wore it. However, this willingness to listen to her grievances, to take her seriously, even to defend her honour to this chamberlain... and the words that followed next, made her feel far more loyalty to the King himself than she ever had in the past.

"I don't doubt your loyalty Lady Larisa, My trusted advisors have said nothing ill of you, and my own eyes see little evidence to counter that... You are professional and you do your job, which is all I ask.."

The snow mage said naught a word, and though she could not see the king's face, the woman nodded her appreciation of the statement. Larisa even felt a little pride in the fact that someone had been whispering praises of her in the royal man's ear. Only a little pride.
"You on the other hand chamberlain have shown no respect at all...”
That was all to true. From the moment that Larisa had put the snivelling little man back in his place, he had been nothing but annoying. But to hear such hatred coming from him... what was the reason for such intense emotion? There must be a reason!

“You have caused a great amount of trouble today, I am trying to find a reason why I should keep you in my court.. I can think of none.. Leave, you are done here”.
The chamberlain's face twisted into fear.
“Your majesty! This witch is poison... I am only trying to protect you from her!” the man's voice trailed off before his face into one of harsh anger, only it was directed at the court witch. “You just can't help yourself can you, witch! You enjoy ruining lives don't you! Wasn't taking my Vivian from me enough for you?!”
Larisa turned at that point, her mouth agape, staring at the man in shock. What was he on about?!
“Explain....” the mage spoke simply, gesturing with a hand for the man to get his personal grievance out in the open.

“Your last bought of uncontrolled ice magic took my wife from me! But you don't care... never noticed. My Vivian was only a maid after all, you stuck up bitch! My darling wife died by your magic....”
“And you feel that calling me a rebel in return is justified?!” Larisa demanded to know. She was beyond angry now, her eyes turning pure white once more as the crystal in her staff glowed bright blue. “That is uncalled for...”
“Only the rebels would hire a murderer like you...”

The chamberlain never got to finish his last insult as the guards dragged him from the room, following the kings commands. The two guards did not even listen to the former chamberlain's protests or demands to let him go. The soldiers knew where their loyalties lay: with the king.
“...You'll get yours bitch! I'll see to it that you loose everything you hold dear! You won't get away with this...”
The cries of a madman were silenced by the closing of the heavy wooden door, and the distance of the long hallway.

Larisa stilled her magic, though her hand was gripping her staff so tightly that her knuckles were stark white. Was it true? Had someone died because of her... magic? Was that the reason why he had wanted her to switch to another element? Rather than it being a nuisance to clean up afterwards, but rather to reduce the risk to others.
“By the gods...” the snow mage whispered, moving to the seat she had been sitting in mere moments ago. “If what he said was true, I had no idea. No wonder the man hates me.... by the gods... could it be true?”

The court witch barely believe what she had heard. To make matters worse....
I'll see to it that you loose everything you hold dear!
Those words made Larisa feel terrified. What she held most dear was Xanda. By the gods, would the former chamberlain dare to harm him?!

WORD COUNT;; 727
OOC COMMENTS;; N/A
@Pandion Alexander

This post has been edited by Larisa Suthain: Aug 27 2017, 08:05 AM

--------------------
user posted image
Court Witch, Snow Mage
PM
^
Pandion Alexander
 Posted: Oct 20 2017, 09:42 PM
King of EacharnachHuman
246 '1'
SingleBisexual
APPPLOTTER
TBA

Pandion watched the exchange in observation, even if what the chamberlain said was true his actions still made him dangerous. He shouldn't have taken this upon himself and gone over his Kings head.. he would deal with him later if need be.. for now he had another problem.. what to do with a Snow Mage who might have accidently killed someone without knowing it. Something that he would think someone who have said something about it by now. A death in the castle weather it was merely a castle staff or not.. He should have heard about it.

"Lady Larisa, try to calm down alright? We will find out what happened, from someone not quite as biased as the Chamberlain..If someone died in the castle there had to have been a record of it, and of what the cause was. It is possible if his wife did die by unfortunate cause, he might be looking for someone to blame even if it wasn't your fault" he said trying to keep an opened mind, yet calm the snow mage down. He was just as curious as to what might have happened. Though if he were honest with himself he hoped Lady Larisa was innocent of the crime, since he would hate to put her to death or banish her.. since she seemed like a nice respectable woman it would be such a waste.

"Was there a time when you happened to loose control of your powers? In the Castle, Just to have a place and time to look into the Chamberlain's story and prove what happened?" he asked sitting across from her at his desk again.
PM
^
Larisa Suthain
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 07:45 AM
Court WitchSidhe-Demigod
1685'7"
EngagedHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER

user posted image

"Lady Larisa, try to calm down alright? We will find out what happened, from someone not quite as biased as the Chamberlain.."

The snow mage nodded her head quietly, still in shock at the possibility that her magic may have caused someone to die. The last time she had felt such fear had been after discovering her iced based powers, and fearing that she may have been the one to freeze those poor people that stood as frozen statues in the castle where she had regained consciousness.

Her dearest friend had swept away those fears though. Why would she have been encased in ice herself, if she had done the same to those people?

"Forgive me, your majesty. I should have treated him more carefully... in case I had been the cause...." Larisa dared not finish that sentence. The possibility that she was a murderer, even an unintentional one at that. It was too frightening to even contemplate.

"...It is possible if his wife did die by unfortunate cause, he might be looking for someone to blame even if it wasn't your fault"

Larisa gave the king a slight smile, one that gentled the sense of distraught that was written across her features. She hoped that it was the case that the chamberlain was merely using the snow mage as a scapegoat to vent his frustrations over the death of his wife. But the practical side of her mind felt that it was not wise to hold onto hope at this point.

"Was there a time when you happened to loose control of your powers?"
The snow mage pursed her lips in thought, turning over all the instances where she had lost control of her magic in her mind. There was only one moment that sprung to mind.
"Only once sire. In the rose garden courtyard", Larisa answered truthfully. But while she could be certain of the location, the timeframe was not as easily recalled. "I believe it was around the fall equinox, thought I could be mistaken".
Yes, Larisa was fairly confident that it had been during fall. "The princess had asked me to display my powers for her, as she had only ever seen the weather produce snow. Never a person. My magic got a tad away from me, but I assure you, Princess Paloma was in good health afterwards. The only thing that I killed unintentionally – that I am aware of – were the roses".

What if it were true? That a maid had died during that incident, and that maid had been married to the chamberlain. It was no wonder that the man might hate Larisa, were that the case. The snow mage was terribly worried that it may turn out to be true.
"Your majesty.... if this unfortunate news does indeed tarnish my reputation here.... I will humbly understand any request you might possess for me to resign my post here at the castle..." Larisa offered her resignation without hesitation. It would save the king the effort to fire her... or worse, banish her. Be that as it may, if she was to be banished... Larisa would leave of her own free will. There would be no need to escort her to the border of the kingdom.

Would Xanda even go with her? She doubted it. He and his family were incredibly loyal to Eacharnach.

"I apologize for you getting caught up in all this sire, what could potentially lead to a scandal. Had I known of the man's grievances, I would have certainly tried to handle things on the quiet, and save you the wasted time and potential embarrassment", Larisa's voice was humble, her apology heartfelt. She truly hadn't intended for all of this to have happened.

WORD COUNT;; 622
OOC COMMENTS;; N/A
TAG;;@Pandion Alexander

--------------------
user posted image
Court Witch, Snow Mage
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll