Welcome to Swords of Speirling. We are an original fantasy site, set in a fictional world divided into seven kingdoms. We are set in the Medieval-ish/Renaissance period of this world. We have 20+ playable races available, we have no word count, and we are rated mature. Our application process is simple and to-the-point and we are LGBTQ+ friendly, straight-/cisgendered-ally friendly, and ALL racial identities-friendly. We do believe in some order, but we don't take ourselves all that seriously. Jerks need not apply. It is currently SPRING.

We are currently searching for royal family members and military characters, particularly knights.

ACTIVE MEMBERS: 20
TOTAL MEMBERS: 26

EACHARNACH: 26
GAOTHAIDH: 12
FOIRFICH: 10
TEUMNACH: 20
MUIREACH: 14
SGAITHTE: 5
RIASGLACH: 6
WANDERERS: 13

BE RESPECTFUL. NO WHINING. NO HATE. GUESTS WELCOME.
Discord Invite: Click

Affiliate with us!

RPG-DirectoryDistant Fantasies
The Supernatural LifeTeair Nova
Pandora's AscensionA Call to Arms
Find The Rabbit HoleMaerish le Roi SoleilOnce Upon a Nightmare
OPENOPEN
OPENOPEN
OPENOPEN

Sidebar: Dana
Coding Help: RCR & RPG'D
Mini Profile Code: Gotham's Reckoning of RPG
Skin: Brittanique of RPG'D
banners and site concept: Peregrine

Add Reply

Nothing stronger than a mothers love [Lorelei]
Sorcha Gwydion
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 03:36 AM
Queen ConsortSidhe
5,8025'6.5"
MarriedHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER
Immortal child? How'd Orabella end up that way?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

She must have worn a path into the rug that lay in the centre of her private chambers. The queen consort had retreated here often whenever she was worried – or angry. She had been given these chambers after her wedding to Arandur, and Sorcha had first paced like this after the birth of her first children – the twins Rhiannon and Rhodri. Even to this day, the woman wasn't one hundred percent who was the true father of the twins – her husband Arandur, or the knight she had already been in a relationship with, up until her wedding day.

For a moment Sorcha stopped her pacing, her mind thinking back to her Knight. A soft smile graced her lips. She might not have loved the man, but she was quite fond of him. They were no longer in such a romantic relationship these days, but her Knight still answered her call for his services. Regardless of what the queen consort might need him for.

Forcing the smile from her face, Sorcha left her chambers and made her way to the rooms of her youngest child, Lorelei. The mother had been pacing because her daughter had been attacked by three men, and though she had survived thanks to the efforts of both the bodyguard Xiulan and her son Arhodrian, the young princess had been injured quite badly.

Sorcha was very worried about her welfare.

The queen consort did not even bother to knock at the door, simply slid it open and stepped inside. Naturally this set Xiulan on edge, but the bodyguard instantly began sliding the katana blade back into the sheath the moment that the queen walked in. Sorcha did not even smile at the bodyguard, merely waved a hand, gesturing for the woman to move aside. Xiulan lowered her gaze slightly and did as commanded, moving away from the door to stand near the wall.

Sorcha moved towards the bed where her daughter was resting.
“How are you feeling today?” she asked softly, sitting down on the bed.
Anyone could say what they wanted about the queen consort being unfriendly, or ruthless – but one could not deny that Sorcha loved her children.

WORD COUNT;; 366
OOC COMMENTS;; Based four months ago, after Lorelei was attacked and critically injured
TAG;; @Lorelei Gwydion

--------------------
image WIP
Queen Consort of Teumnach
This sig was made by: FlightDesigns
PM
^
Lorelei Gwydion
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 12:12 AM
The Flower Princess of TeumnachSidhe
195"5'
TakenHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER
TBA

Lorelei was laying in her bed, hurting pretty bad, and though she didn't want anyone to think that she was weak, she couldn't help but whimper as she lay there, trying to shift her position to be more comfortable. Xiulan stood at the side of the bed, a worried look on her face and Lore looked up at her, though trying to hide how much pain she was in, knew she failed at doing so. "I'm... not... weak..." she whispered, shakily, feeling even more pained as she spoke.

"Of course you aren't weak. But you were hurt, and it was my fault. I wish it was me that got hurt and not you." Xiulan said simply.

"What? No!" Lorelei said, sitting up and whimpering dizzily in pain. "Oh... Oww..." And the little Flower Princess started to cry, paling even more than she already was. Lore couldn’t see through the stars from the pain, at least not well that was. “D… don’t… s… s...say th… that…” she forced out, her voice shaking horribly just as she was herself. “P… Please… Lannie… d… don’t t… talk l… like…. Th...that….” she begged her guard and best friend just as the door opened to reveal her mother, the Queen Consort. Lannie, Lore knew, was on edge as soon as the doorknob had turned, especially since the attack on Lorelei while they were walking through the gardens.

Seeing that it was the Queen Consort, Lannie slid the katana away again and moved out of the Sorcha’s way, though Lore didn’t want Lannie to move away at all. “M...mother… I… I w...want L...Lannie n...near….” she said softly, her voice shaking. “P… please…” But Lannie moved away from the door to stand near the wall and Sorcha moved towards the bed that Lorelei was now sitting up in, too pained to try to lay back down, her whole frame trembling in pain. “It… hurts…” she forced out, still trembling.

WORD COUNT;; 324
OOC COMMENTS;; Lorelei sat up too quickly, and has opened up the gash at her side again, making blood trickle down her side, though as of yet, it hasn't gone through her clothes and blankets yet.
TAG;; @Sorcha Gwydion

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sorcha Gwydion
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 06:53 PM
Queen ConsortSidhe
5,8025'6.5"
MarriedHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER

One could say whatever they liked about the queen, how she was harsh and imposing. Ruthless, bordering on almost cruel. Sorcha was a hard woman to please; even the king struggled, and he was besotted with the woman that he had married and fathered many children with.

Sorcha's daughter Cerridwen had been a sore point between them once in the past, as Arandur was embarrassed to admit that his wife had been violated in such an unspeakable manner. The king had wanted to send away the constant reminder of his failure as a husband and protector of what was 'his'... but he had allowed Sorcha to keep her child, on the condition that the girl's true identity be hidden from her.

And the rest of their family.

Rhiannon knew. Ofcourse Rhiannon knew. It was hard to keep a secret from a girl gifted with the ability to determine the truth from lies. Not to mention, Rhiannon had been there at the birth. Rhodri on the other hand did not know. All he knew, like the rest of his siblings, was that Cerridwen was related in some way to himself and Sorcha. All the royal children, baring Rhiannon, believed that Cerridwen was their cousin.

Hopefully that would change one day. Sorcha dearly hoped that one day she could reveal the truth to all her children. And hold Cerridwen close to her as any mother should embrace their daughter.

“It… hurts…”

Lorelei's voice broke Sorcha from her thoughts, earning a soft look. The queen consort reached out a hand and brushed some hair away from her daughters face. How fortunate she was to have so many beautiful girls to call her daughters.
"I know sweetheart, my little flower blossom. I know", the woman spoke softly. Sorcha loved her children endlessly. Even Rhiannon, despite her disappointment in her eldest child. That princess could think what she liked, and Sorcha held her opinions, but it would never change the fact that the queen loved that rebellious daughter of hers.
"You just need to give it time to heal".

She did her best not to show it, but Sorcha was very worried about Lorelei. Not so much the physical scaring, but the emotional ones. Her youngest daughter had always been a bright spirit in the palace.

The royal woman's eyes cast towards the bodyguard that was standing by the wall, hand on the hilt of her katana, even now when there seemed to be no clear and present danger to the princess's wellbeing. Sorcha pursed her lips slightly, her eyes narrowed a touch.
"You are both fortunate that Arhodrian came along when he did", the queen commented, including Xiulan into her attention for a brief moment. It was not something that she did on a regular occurance. "Had he not.... I dare not think of the possibility."
There was truth behind her words. Had Rhodri not showed up when he had.... well, Sorcha may not have been visiting her daughter while healing, but planning a funeral instead. The mere thought of it alone caused her heart to ache.

"Though it is all too clear now that Xiulan cannot protect you well enough on her own."

OOC COMMENTS;; Was wanting to write more than this, but I'm thoroughly stuck. Will have to do smile.gif
TAG;; @Lorelei Gwydion

--------------------
image WIP
PM
^
Lorelei Gwydion
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 10:43 PM
195"5'
TakenHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER
TBA

Lorelei still sat partly up in the bed, trembling, as her mother spoke to her. Xiulan still stood by the door, hand on her katana, despite there not being any danger inside of her room. The little Flower Princess knew how strict her parents were, but she also knew how much they both loved her and all of her siblings. She knew her mother came across, to some, as a hard woman, harsh and other such words, but Lore knew better. Her mother was loving, kind, and caring, and that moment in her room was cementing that in the little princess' eyes.

"I... I know I... have to give it time... but... Mother... it... hurts..." Lorelei whispered, even that hurt the little princess. "Hurts so badly..." she added even softer and slower, finding that it hurt more when she tried to speak.

"P... Please mother... L... Lannie did as best.... she... c... could..." Lore went on, whimpering in pain that was only getting worse. "D... don't th... think l... like th... that..." she went on, beginning to tremble just a little bit more still. "C... can... you... mother... please... help me to lay back... Please?" Lorelei begged softly as her mother paused once she'd said spoken to both Lannie and Lore herself, about how the pair were both fortunate that Rhodri had come along when he had. "L... Lannie is... s... st... staying... wi... with... m... me..." Lorelei forced out, still sitting up in the bed, trembling, starting to feel worse still, and her already pale skin paled even more.

OOC COMMENTS;; 260 words, which isn't so many, BUT I think this might help you to get muse? Also, at this point, her sitting up like she is and trembling is starting to make her wound bleed a little more so the side of her nightgown likely is starting to get just a mite bit pink in colour, even if it's not going through the blanket yet.
TAG;; @Sorcha Gwydion

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sorcha Gwydion
 Posted: Mar 16 2018, 05:06 AM
Queen ConsortSidhe
5,8025'6.5"
MarriedHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER

Sorcha pursed her lips as Lorelei defended Xiulan's ability. The queen consort glanced at the bodyguard for a moment before looking back to her daughter. She could see that her beloved daughter was shaking, and it did not take long for her to change to a standing position and move to help Lorelei lay down. She moved the covers in order to make it easier, only to see that Lorelei's nightgown was becoming stained with blood.

It was barely noticeable, but Sorcha's eyes widened. Her hands were light against Lorelei's form, easing her into a laying position. But the woman said not a word. The sudden turn of her body was like a snap, even with her rigid straight back. Sorcha marched to the door and slid it open with a loud bang, startling a servant girl that was passing by out in the corridor.
"Summon the healers!" her voice was direct, no nonsense, and bordering on a shout.

The servant girl nodded, not bothering to curtsy to the Queen Consort, before walking down the corridor to do as she was bidden.
"At once!"
Her second shout encouraged the servant girl to start running. The fact that the girl hadn't started running immediately made Sorcha feel very angry.
"Honestly... the incompetence of some people", the woman raged quietly, keeping her voice low so that she was talking mostly to herself. She did not want to frighten Lorelei with her temper. Frankly she would have started pacing at that point, but Sorcha needed to keep herself in check. No one could see her falling apart with worry.

"L... Lannie is... s... st... staying... wi... with... m... me..."

"As she should be. But it is clearly too much for her to handle", Sorcha shot back without realising the cut of her words until too late. Raising a hand to her forehead, one could briefly see the mental anguish that the queen consort hid from the world at the best of times. "I'm sorry my darling, I just want you to be safe. Your father and I have decided to cancel your other guards additional training. He will assist Xiulan in your protection full time now... to avoid a repeat incident. We will be doubling the household guards as well".

OOC COMMENTS;; N/A
TAG;; @Lorelei Gwydion

--------------------
image WIP
PM
^
Lorelei Gwydion
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 10:19 PM
195"5'
TakenHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER
TBA

Lorelei saw her mother's pursed lips at her words, but she couldn't focus on that for too long, because as she shook, she found that she didn't really have the energy, or the wherewithal to focus on anything at this point...

Lore asked her mother to help her lay down, and that Sorcha did, with ease, moving the covers to make it easier, and despite the pain she was feeling, Lorelei DID see the widening of her mother's eyes and looked down at what her mother had been looking at. The little flower princess paled even more at seeing the blood on her side.

Lorelei's breathing quickened, despite not really being able to breathe so well, which ultimately made the blood move from her wound a little bit faster. Her mother eased her into a laying position, and Lorelei started to cry in fear and pain as Sorcha marched to the door, calling to someone to summon the healers.

Sorcha shouted again, which told Lore that whoever it had been hadn't done what her mother had asked at first, which wasn't good, but Lore wasn't feeling well, and she was scared...

VERY scared...

"L... L... L... Lan... Lannie... M.... M... m... moth... mother..." Lorelei stammered out, hearing her mother's rage in her words, and getting even more scared, even more worried, and making her feel even worse than she did already.

The cut of Sorcha's words burned and seared through Lorelei's ears, making her feel even worse, it made her feel sick even...

And she didn't like it...

She just cried... silently, which didn't help her wound stop bleeding again... It only made it worse...

OOC COMMENTS;; i'm sorry about the reply happening without you being caught up, I just really had the muse for this, and despite knowing I should wait till you're all caught up.... I... I'm sorry.... sad.gif
TAG;; @Sorcha Gwydion

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sorcha Gwydion
 Posted: Apr 22 2018, 01:23 AM
Queen ConsortSidhe
5,8025'6.5"
MarriedHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER

Great. Now the girl was crying. Sorcha turned her back to the two younger fae, venturing to the window and gazing out. The queen consort stood there in silence for a few moments before glancing at Xiulan.
"Leave us", the woman commanded. Her voice was quiet, but the tone behind it was one of no nonsense. Her authority would not be questioned in that moment.

The bodyguard turned her gaze between the princess and the queen consort, torn with indecision. It was her job to guard the princess, at all moments... but she couldn't disobey an order from a queen. Could she? Xuilan made no effort to move, uncertain of what she was supposed to do.
"For goodness sake girl, wait outside the door", Sorcha ordered, her voice a little louder. The guard was trying her patience. It seemed now that the guard didn't want to risk the wrath of the queen and nodded her head silently, moving to the door and stepping outside, sliding it closed behind her.

The queen consort sighed heavily, her gaze fixed outside the window once again.
"I'm sorry I yelled at you, my little flower blossom. I shouldn't have", Sorcha spoke softly. There was vulnerability behind her voice, and emotion that she kept closely guarded much of the time. Few had seen her break from behind her mask before... not even her own children had seen her like this. But Lorelei needed her... Sorcha couldn't go snapping at her like this when things got difficult.
"I just worry about you my darling. About all of you, you and your siblings", the regal woman revealed. "If anything happened to any of you..."

Her apology was cut short by Xiulan opening the door to admit the entrance of two of the royal healers. Sorcha's shoulders were set firm as the two healers bowed to her before attending to Lorelei. Xiulan had taken up post by the door once again, though in the room once more. The healers lifted the covers gently and cut away the fabric of the nightgown that was now sticking to the wound, gently pulling it away.
"You have moved too much", one of the healers, an elderly woman, scolded in a polite but firm voice. "You've torn the stitches and opened the wound anew".
"Fix it", Sorcha commanded, her voice firm as ever, her gaze stern.
"Of course your majesty", the second healer assured the queen.

Sorcha almost had to forcibly stop herself from pacing as the healers tended to her daughter. The amount of times that she almost cracked with worry as the healers asked Lorelei a multitude of questions about whether the princess felt lightheaded or nauseous, or if there was any pain. By the time the wound was stitched again, and a poultice made from herbs to stimulate the healing of flesh was applied, and the wound bandaged, Sorcha was officially on her wits end.

"Try not to move too much your highness", the elderly healer advised the princess before she and her companion left the room.

Sorcha let out the breath that she was holding. Her shoulders sagged slightly.

OOC COMMENTS;; N/A
TAG;; @Lorelei Gwydion

--------------------
image WIP
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply