Welcome to Swords of Speirling. We are an original fantasy site, set in a fictional world divided into seven kingdoms. We are set in the Medieval-ish/Renaissance period of this world. We have 20+ playable races available, we have no word count, and we are rated mature. Our application process is simple and to-the-point and we are LGBTQ+ friendly, straight-/cisgendered-ally friendly, and ALL racial identities-friendly. We do believe in some order, but we don't take ourselves all that seriously. Jerks need not apply. It is currently SPRING.

We are currently searching for royal family members and military characters, particularly knights.

ACTIVE MEMBERS: 20
TOTAL MEMBERS: 26

EACHARNACH: 26
GAOTHAIDH: 12
FOIRFICH: 10
TEUMNACH: 20
MUIREACH: 14
SGAITHTE: 5
RIASGLACH: 6
WANDERERS: 13

BE RESPECTFUL. NO WHINING. NO HATE. GUESTS WELCOME.
Discord Invite: Click

Affiliate with us!

RPG-DirectoryDistant Fantasies
The Supernatural LifeTeair Nova
Pandora's AscensionA Call to Arms
Find The Rabbit HoleMaerish le Roi SoleilOnce Upon a Nightmare
OPENOPEN
OPENOPEN
OPENOPEN

Sidebar: Dana
Coding Help: RCR & RPG'D
Mini Profile Code: Gotham's Reckoning of RPG
Skin: Brittanique of RPG'D
banners and site concept: Peregrine

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Queen Bee (Open), Raven Schemes
Felix Trilanor
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 02:51 PM
KingBanshee Hybrid
35,7776'1
TakenAsexual
APPPLOTTER
Good Gods, I'm Gorgeous!

Felix admired her kindness, but he realized he perhaps may have been too kind for the last several thousand years. He had allowed his enemies to grow in numbers. Specifically, the Morguls. He should have had them eliminated like his father and brother had done with the Dracarys line. Felix knew about the fertility issues with the Dragonbourne, it was why he had allowed a few of them to survive. But the Morguls clearly didn’t have the same issues reproducing. Now that had an assassins’ guild and enough of them to possibly start a small army.

“But I do know that, Rose. We’ve been at peace and they’ve chosen to kill your siblings. On the very day…” Felix stopped only now just realizing what the day had been. He had been wrong to suspect the Morguls. This was a Dragonbourne plot. The date made it clear.

“I do not want either of those outcomes, Rose. But I have few choices. Our enemies are scattered, and more powerful than before and we are weaker,” Felix told her. Marrying off a child?! Felix nearly scoffed at the idea. No, he had no plans to force any of his children into arranged marriages. He thought that that old practice was silly. It rarely provided good genetic potential.

“I have no plans to marry you off to anyone,” Felix told her. When Raven spoke, he listened. He nodded, and looked sadly at Rose when she told him her thoughts on the issue. But his wife was right. Their enemies needed to be closer to them so he could keep an eye on them.

“I do not think I can bring them all here, but I can move one very important enemy. The one who I am sure played a part in my children’s deaths. Rose, I understand your feelings, but at this point we need our enemies watched until we can decide what to do,” Felix told her.

He gave Raven a look. Felix wasn’t sure it was wise, and he would need to speak with several of his magic users about the prospects of buying a magical slave of sorts. He would need to know whether the magic could be transferred to the Trilanors.

--------------------
Don't worry, your friend is only mostly dead.
PMEmail
^
Raven Caldron
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 02:59 PM
QueenSidhe-Siren Hybrid
700ish5'4
TakenBisexual
APPPLOTTER
I am the Queen.

Raven resisted the urge to sigh at Rose. The girl did not understand war nor enemies. It would get her killed. Thankfully, Raven had made a deal with the enemies to protect Rose. Raven almost winced when her daughter spoke of arranged marriage. The Queen did not want to sell off her daughter like cattle, but she was out of options. The Morguls would want her children dead, and she had the opportunity to protect her daughter. Raven didn’t voice her plans, but nodded to Felix.

“I think it would be wise to bring him here. We can watch him better that way,” Raven replied, not giving Rose’s further words too much thought.

With her allies here, she could be more protected, as would her children, hopefully. She knew Draco at least would have a soft spot for Rose. Though, she doubted he would take a liking to either Rancourt or Raina.

“It’s not tyrannical to keep your enemies close, Rose. We need to watch them and know what else they’re plotting, which I am sure they are,” Raven told her daughter.

“Someone must pay for killing your father’s children. If they are here we can better solve who the culprit is. Though, your father and I already believe we know who it is,” Raven attempted to assure her daughter.

She doubted it would work, but she would try anyway. Raven could smooth things over with her later. Right now, she had a mission and a goal in mind. If she needed to hurt her daughter to achieve it, she would mostly because the end would see that Rose was safe from harm.

--------------------

user posted image

I was always just the Queen. My sister is the one that added Heartless to my title.
PMEmail
^
Rose Trilanor
 Posted: Mar 17 2018, 12:51 AM
Princess3/4 Sidhe 1/4 Siren
45 years5'7"
SingleHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER
If only love could bloom as beautiful as a flower

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“I have no plans to marry you off to anyone".

Under different circumstances, Rose would have sighed in relief at those words. But now... now she just felt numb. The words that she had always longed to hear - that she wasn't at risk of marrying married off to someone she did not know by her father - they were meaningless to her now that her three eldest, beloved, siblings were gone.

Tariq... her world was a little sadder without the music that wafted from his chambers.
Tanerys... the world was smaller, more lonely, without his stories and promise of adventures to come.
Tallia... her promises that Rose would one day find love of her own, while still held dear, seemed to vanish entirely.

They had each had an impact one Rose. A profound one. The world, and life, would not be the same without them in it.

“It’s not tyrannical to keep your enemies close, Rose. We need to watch them and know what else they’re plotting, which I am sure they are".
"Rose, I understand your feelings, but at this point we need our enemies watched until we can decide what to do".

The youngest princess shook her head roughly. No... this was wrong! So very wrong! Her parents just weren't listening to her. Not even in the slightest. They heard her words, true... but they weren't listening.
"Not if it means imprisoning innocent men and women who have done nothing to you, all for the sake of who their family is!" she shouted at them, and Rose was not sorry for doing so. Not in the slightest. Why couldn't her parents see the truth in her words? She didn't know much about politics, but she knew psychology. Rose understood how people thought. The reactions that certain stimuli provoked. What if her hunch was right, and her parents were playing right into their enemies hands?

“Someone must pay for killing your father’s children."[/i]

Rose glanced at her mother, before locking back to her father. The princess wasn't done pleading her case.
"Father... please... if you start locking up people purely because of association.... then are you really any different from the people that killed Tariq, Tanerys, and Tallia, just to get to you?" Rose posed the question to him. It was meant to be one that made him think about the ethics behind his actions. The consequences of such actions as well. "Are you any different?"

It had been a question that she had longed to ask ever since he had banished Lord Anilwyn Lysanar and Lady Eilonwy from Gaothaidh. Eilonwy, her friend. She wanted to yell at him for it. Rose was aware that her father hated the Lysanar's, but she didn't know why. And she wanted him to know how upset she was that she was now without Eilonwy... her closest and only friend. Without Lonnie, she felt alone.

OOC COMMENTS;; N/A
TAG;; @Felix Trilanor ; @Raven Caldron

--------------------
user posted image
This sig was made by: FlightDesigns
Inspired by Khal Drogo's siggies
PM
^
Felix Trilanor
 Posted: Mar 28 2018, 05:05 AM
KingBanshee Hybrid
35,7776'1
TakenAsexual
APPPLOTTER
Good Gods, I'm Gorgeous!

Was he any different? Now, no, he supposed he wasn’t. A few thousand years ago, yes. He had experienced too much to go too soft on his enemies. He really didn’t want to bring old enemies into new wars and fights, but there was no other way. Letting them roam free had just caused him to lose three children. Felix wasn’t about to lost anymore. He understood why his father and brother were cruel, sometimes. Though their cruelty knew no limits. Felix had no intention of being a tyrant, though some of his actions may be seen as tyrannical.

“What would you have us do then, Rose? I’ve allowed them to roam freely in the world, banished from Gaothaidh, but now three of my children are dead and more than likely at their hands. Should this be proven to be false, I’ll release them out into the world,” Felix said, though he was unsure whether he truly would or even could allow that to happen.

Keeping his enemies locked up would keep his surviving children safe, especially while they tried to figure out who the true criminals were.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Raven Caldron
 Posted: Mar 28 2018, 05:11 AM
QueenSidhe-Siren Hybrid
700ish5'4
TakenBisexual
APPPLOTTER
I am the Queen.

Raven watched her daughter, internally cringing at what she perceived as weakness. This attitude would get Rose killed if she was not careful. Yes, Raven had already made arrangements to spare Rose, but there was no real certainty until the marriage with Draco was completed. Then she was sure Wolf and his would not raise a hand to Rose.

Otherwise, Raven feared what the Morguls would do, not only them but the Dracarys were sly as well. A bit of poison, while not their style, wasn’t completely unheard of by some of Draco’s surviving family.

“Do you truly know that they have done nothing, Rose?” Raven asked, her eyes going sharply cold for a moment.

Her normally warm fake smile disappearing. There was a coldness and ice to her voice that was generally unheard of. She was not about to see her plans fall apart at the last minute because one of her children had a conscience. She loved Rose. Even without her heart, that emotion was still there, even if it was diluted. But Raven was going to do whatever was in her power to protect Rose, whether her daughter liked it or not.

--------------------

user posted image

I was always just the Queen. My sister is the one that added Heartless to my title.
PMEmail
^
Rose Trilanor
 Posted: Apr 1 2018, 12:08 AM
Princess3/4 Sidhe 1/4 Siren
45 years5'7"
SingleHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER
If only love could bloom as beautiful as a flower

“What would you have us do then, Rose?".

Rose didn't have an answer. She didn't know what 'should' be done, but she had strong feelings in regards to what shouldn't be done. Her father shouldn't make actions that would make him appear to be a tyrant, otherwise he would lose the heart of the people. And a nation that didn't want a tyrant for a leader had only one course of action: revolt.

Gaothaidh couldn't afford a civil war.

“Should this be proven to be false, I’ll release them out into the world".

She guessed that was all she could ask for. Her father certainly wasn't going to be persuaded from any other course of action. Though once innocence was proven, freedom could be given. But would her father keep to his word? Rose hoped that he would.

“Do you truly know that they have done nothing, Rose?".

Rose looked to her mother, prepared to say something in response to that question but it was the look in her mother's eyes that brought her to silence. Her mouth closing. The icy tone of voice that her mother had spoken with was chilling, and the gaze behind her eyes was dark... foreboding. Dangerous. For the first time in her life, Rose felt afraid of her mother.

"I..." Rose began, swallowing a lump in her throat. "I don't judge people before I get to know them. Least of all because of whom their family might be".
It was the most she could say without revealing that she had made at least one friend in a family that her father considered an enemy. Eilonwy would never move against them. Would she?

That gaze in her mother's eyes was still very unsettling, that Rose found herself moving closer towards her father, seeking the comfort of his mere presence alone. Why was her mother looking at her like that? As if Rose was someone worthy of hatred. All she had done was voice her opinions, and try to act as her father's conscience. Was that enough for her mother to be displeased with her, to the point of being angry?

OOC COMMENTS;; N/A
TAG;; @Felix Trilanor ; @Raven Caldron

--------------------
user posted image
This sig was made by: FlightDesigns
Inspired by Khal Drogo's siggies
PM
^
Felix Trilanor
 Posted: Apr 21 2018, 09:45 PM
KingBanshee Hybrid
35,7776'1
TakenAsexual
APPPLOTTER
Good Gods, I'm Gorgeous!

Felix wasn’t sure whether he truly wanted to do this or not. Things were so much simpler before he was king. All he needed to do was become a singing doctor back then. But once the crown was on his head tough choices always had to be made. He wasn’t a particularly decisive individual, either.

There was a need now to see their enemies locked away where they could monitor them. That would protect his surviving children. He hoped. There was so much he couldn’t control in this world. Magic was paramount to his list of enemies. He would see the Elders’ Council soon and announce his plans to completely banish magic from Gaothaidh. No one would be allowed to practice anymore, not until those who had killed his children were gone. Then, and only then would he reconsider it.

He tapped on the tip of the armrest of his throne. Felix’s head was cocked to the side as he watched the women. His lips pursed as he watched his daughter and Raven have a bit of a tiff. This was not the first time he had seen Raven get a bit frightening. Though, there was nothing really to worry about. His wife was too kind for her own good.

“There are no easy answers for this. But we will bring Draco here, and have him answer for their deaths. Even if it was not his doing, he may be able to give us answers,” Felix replied to Rose and Raven. He had named their enemy. An enemy in Foirfich, an enemy that Felix knew wished his death.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Raven Caldron
 Posted: Apr 21 2018, 09:52 PM
QueenSidhe-Siren Hybrid
700ish5'4
TakenBisexual
APPPLOTTER
I am the Queen.

“Misjudgements like that will get you killed, Rose,” Raven replied, reeling in her disappointment. The Queen did not doubt that her daughter would find herself dead or worse with ideologies like that. Raven, herself, had been that innocent once a very, very long time ago. It had brought her nothing but heartache. She had lost children, lovers and family because she wanted to ‘trust the allies of enemies’.

Raven shook her head as Rose stepped back. Sighing, she looked up towards her husband, perched in his seat like the golden phoenix he was so compared to by the people. The corners of her mouth rose, as he announced they would be bringing Draco to Gaothaidh.

Victory.

With her old mentor in Gaothaidh she could see to it Rose was protected. Draco had already agreed. If she could only get Rancourt and Raina the same amount of safety, she would be free to do as she pleased.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll