Welcome to Swords of Speirling. We are an original fantasy site, set in a fictional world divided into seven kingdoms. We are set in the Medieval-ish/Renaissance period of this world. We have 20+ playable races available, we have no word count, and we are rated mature. Our application process is simple and to-the-point and we are LGBTQ+ friendly, straight-/cisgendered-ally friendly, and ALL racial identities-friendly. We do believe in some order, but we don't take ourselves all that seriously. Jerks need not apply. It is currently WINTER.

We are currently searching for royal family members and military characters, particularly knights.

ACTIVE MEMBERS: 20
TOTAL MEMBERS: 26

EACHARNACH: 26
GAOTHAIDH: 12
FOIRFICH: 10
TEUMNACH: 20
MUIREACH: 12
SGAITHTE: 5
RIASGLACH: 6
WANDERERS: 11

BE RESPECTFUL. NO WHINING. NO HATE. GUESTS WELCOME.
Mobile Link: http://my.cbox.ws/SoSFree
We also have Discord: Click

Affiliate with us!

RPG-DirectoryDistant Fantasies
Southern Winds WeyrBefore the Mast
Gloria PatriEpoch Fantasy
The Supernatural LifePraesidium
The GamesTeair Nova
Pandora's AscensionA Call to Arms
Find The Rabbit HoleGallowed Magic
MAYMMaerish
Marvel: Lost Horizonsle Roi Soleil
Once Upon a NightmareAbrora
OPENOPEN
OPENOPEN

Sidebar: Dana
Coding Help: RCR & RPG'D
Mini Profile Code: Gotham's Reckoning of RPG
Skin: Brittanique of RPG'D
banners and site concept: Peregrine

Add Reply
New Poll

Unknown Sound In The Wilderness, closed, Cas/Tarquin
Arietta Talson
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 03:46 PM
Odd jobs about the kingdomsHybrid - Elf/Changeling/Siren
245'3"
Single and pregnantHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER
I don't... I don't know...

Arietta was walking slowly through the wilderness, her arms around her swelling stomach. She was scared, as always, and she needed to be sure that her baby was okay. She was beginning to grow a little bit more and more each day, and she felt awkward even more. Her clothes were starting to not fit anymore and she really had no way to get new clothes, not at this point, not until she found people she could trust again, like Orabella.

I'm okay, we're okay. she thought to herself as she walked, her arms both hugging the little baby inside of her. "We... we're o...okay l..little one..." Rietta forced out, though she wasn't even sure if her baby could hear her, or if she was saying it for her little one or for herself.

Her thoughts guessed that it was more for herself than for anyone else, but she wasn't expecting to hear an unknown sound right behind her. She jumped and turned, arms still protectively across her stomach.

@Tarquin Ellis

This post has been edited by Arietta Talson: Nov 14 2017, 03:49 PM
PMGTalk
^
Tarquin Ellis
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 09:59 PM
MercenarySidhe
3,1726'4"
MarriedHomosexual
APPPLOTTER
the devil takes his time

there is no greater pain
or punishment than memory

Macalla and Eska were out hunting in the woods, and Quinn had decided to hold back, leaning against the perlino akhal teke warhorse's side and feeding seeds to the lahore pigeon on his shoulder. That was the minutes before he had heard the sound of footsteps and then the voice. There were several things that went through Quinn's mind as he moved toward the sound, already sorting the scents out that told him more about the female that was going through the woods.

She wasn't human, but a mix of things; some of these species in the mix he had been around before, but never this particular mix of them. And she was pregnant. Quinn knew that before he had set eyes on the swell of her belly. It did give him some pause, because it seemed out of sorts that a pregnant woman would be out here in the wilderness like this. How unusual it was, and Quinn had to sort through his thoughts on the matter. It was a good thing that he wasn't the same creature he had once been.

Yet he had still more or less snuck up on her, though not really on purpose; it was just done without thinking. Probably because he was so used to hunting out here and not wanting to alert the prey. But this woman wasn't really prey as far as he was concerned right now. So when she jumped, Quinn paused and blinked at her. His eyebrows furrowed at her. "Are you lost?" He asked evenly, figuring that it was best to find out why she was out here in the first place and go from there.

@Arietta Talson
PM
^
Arietta Talson
 Posted: Nov 23 2017, 09:13 PM
245'3"
APPPLOTTER

Arietta quickly turned towards the sound. Her arms moved tighter around her stomach. She didn't know this person, this guy, and as always, she was extremely awkward. He blinked at her, and she saw his brows furrow.

He asked if she was lost, and she nodded her head, awkwardly. She was more than lost, and not even just in area. She was lost as a whole. She didn't know who she was, and she needed to sort it out. She needed to sort it out quickly. "Y...Yes..." Rietta said, awkwardly. She was scared, nervous, and terrified. "L... Lost..." she added, still awkward, still holding tight, her arms around her stomach.

She wasn't feeling well, and she was scared too, it was a bad combination, and she knew that, but she didn't know how to fix it, or what to do, or even if she could fix it in the long run. Though she wished she could, more than almost anything. She needed to find out how to be whoever she was meant to be, how to be a Mum, how to somehow manage to make money for her, for her little one...

She wondered if she could manage to again find Orabella, or Nymeria, or even Jonathan... She wondered if maybe they could help her? She had no idea about anything anymore. And that fear was showing clear on her face. And it was scary.

@Tarquin Ellis
PMGTalk
^
Tarquin Ellis
 Posted: Nov 29 2017, 10:54 PM
MercenarySidhe
3,1726'4"
MarriedHomosexual
APPPLOTTER
the devil takes his time

there is no greater pain

Lost. He had thought so. It wasn't a good idea for a lady to be out and about in the wilderness, and certainly not a pregnant lady. There was often too much risk when in that condition, which made Quinn wonder if she was running from something or someone. Why else would she risk being this far out here like this? She confirmed quickly that she was lost, and Quinn was trying to figure out why she wasn't saying anything else on the matter.

She looked terrified, and like her rounded middle was going to be attacked at any minute, by the way she was holding it. Quinn stood there, trying to figure out what to even say to the lady in this situation. It wasn't one that he was used to, and he could honestly say he had never seen a random pregnant lady wandering out in the wilderness like some lost lamb. Several close situations, but not exact. And the smell of fear was pretty potent to the feline part of him, too.

He clear his throat a little, making a choice to see this out a little longer, and not just leave her out here like this. "Where are you headed? I could try to get you to where you need to go, and I'm sure my horse wouldn't mind carrying you. Too much walking is straining for someone in your condition." He said, putting the offer out there. He wasn't sure why he was really compelled to help, aside from maybe understanding part of her situation. That was enough, at least.

@Arietta Talson
PM
^
Arietta Talson
 Posted: Dec 17 2017, 12:24 AM
245'3"
APPPLOTTER

Arietta was scared, and she was pretty sure that wouldn't change any time soon. Unless she found a person or a place that she could manage to find herself comfortable in. That was another fact that scared her.

The man stood there, and all Rietta could do was glance down at her feet, fearing what was going to happen, and pretty much everything around her. He cleared his throat and asked her where she'd been headed, offering to help her to where she needed to go, offering for his horse to carry her there, and she blushed. "I... I d...do n...not kn...know... wh... where I... am to... g...go..." she stammered out, fearfully. And fearful, she was.

"I... I h...have n...no h...home or... or... an...anything..." she went on, nervously, biting down at her lower lip in terror. Arietta didn't know what to do or where to go, or even if she was going to be okay, even though she knew that she had to try something.

She just wished she knew what to do...

@Tarquin Ellis
PMGTalk
^
Tarquin Ellis
 Posted: Dec 18 2017, 11:01 AM
MercenarySidhe
3,1726'4"
MarriedHomosexual
APPPLOTTER
the devil takes his time

there is no greater pain

Quinn wasn't the sort of person many would think to feel comfortable around if they had the slightest idea of all that he was capable of, but it wasn't as if he was really offering to stick around that long. Just help her to where she needed to go, since he couldn't just leave her out here like this. Or, he could, but for some reason he was going to give her the option of his help in this matter and see what she chose to do with that. Up to her if she wanted to continue wandering around here, easy prey to just about anything.

He quirked an eyebrow when she said that she did not know where to go. And then that she had no home or anything. That didn't bode well for her, did it? Not having anywhere to go, no home; that was dangerous enough for someone, let alone someone in her condition. Again, easy prey. The kind that might not even have anyone looking for her if she were to vanish. Her terror was pungent and obvious, and she should be afraid. She wasn't very good at this whole thing, was she? Telling strangers she had nowhere to go.

Yet for some reason Quinn was still there, calm as ever, and wondering what to do about this situation. Guess he'd wing it. "Alright, well, how about I bring you to an inn? There will probably some rooms open there, and I can cover the cost for a week, give you time to figure things out. So I'll do you a favor this way, and perhaps someday you can do one for me." Quinn said it all evenly, unconcerned over the matter, but still waiting to see if she wanted that help, that favor, or if she wanted to remain out here to figure it out on her own.

@Arietta Talson
PM
^
Arietta Talson
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 08:28 PM
245'3"
APPPLOTTER

Arietta was not comfortable by any means. Not in her own body, not in the life she currently had no choice but to lead. Nothing of the sort. And that was scary enough. Rietta hadn't been comfortable in her own skin, not ever in her life. And she was almost sure that she wouldn't start now.

But yet, this person, whom she had no idea anything about, not even his name, was offering help to her? "I... I... I'm... A...Ar...Arie... Arietta..." she forced out, trembling, nervously and fearful to everything around her. She didn't know who he was, nothing about him, and yet, she'd actually introduced herself first? That was weird enough as it was. Arietta sighed softly as she thought about what she'd said to him.

Rietta had nowhere to go, that was true, and she quite literally had nothing but the ill-fitting clothing on her back. It was scary, yes. But being in her condition made this problem and all of her others, all the more scary. And Arietta wasn't just scared, she was terrified.

"An... I... Inn?" she asked in a whispered, and yet still very nervous tone. "B... B... But I... I... I c...couldn't... p... p... pay y... y... you.... b... b... ba...back..." Rietta was worried, scared, and a number of other things, including hungry. "H... H... H... How c... Could I... R... R...Rep... Repay... Y... Y... You....?" she asked, trembling, fearfully.

@Tarquin Ellis
PMGTalk
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll