Welcome to Swords of Speirling. We are an original fantasy site, set in a fictional world divided into seven kingdoms. We are set in the Medieval-ish/Renaissance period of this world. We have 20+ playable races available, we have no word count, and we are rated mature. Our application process is simple and to-the-point and we are LGBTQ+ friendly, straight-/cisgendered-ally friendly, and ALL racial identities-friendly. We do believe in some order, but we don't take ourselves all that seriously. Jerks need not apply. It is currently WINTER.

We are currently searching for royal family members and military characters, particularly knights.

ACTIVE MEMBERS: 20
TOTAL MEMBERS: 26

EACHARNACH: 26
GAOTHAIDH: 12
FOIRFICH: 10
TEUMNACH: 20
MUIREACH: 12
SGAITHTE: 5
RIASGLACH: 6
WANDERERS: 11

BE RESPECTFUL. NO WHINING. NO HATE. GUESTS WELCOME.
Mobile Link: http://my.cbox.ws/SoSFree
We also have Discord: Click

Affiliate with us!

RPG-DirectoryDistant Fantasies
Southern Winds WeyrBefore the Mast
Gloria PatriEpoch Fantasy
The Supernatural LifePraesidium
The GamesTeair Nova
Pandora's AscensionA Call to Arms
Find The Rabbit HoleGallowed Magic
MAYMMaerish
Marvel: Lost Horizonsle Roi Soleil
Once Upon a NightmareAbrora
OPENOPEN
OPENOPEN

Sidebar: Dana
Coding Help: RCR & RPG'D
Mini Profile Code: Gotham's Reckoning of RPG
Skin: Brittanique of RPG'D
banners and site concept: Peregrine

Add Reply
New Poll

Queen Bee (Open), Raven Schemes
Raven Caldron
 Posted: May 27 2017, 05:12 AM
QueenSidhe-Siren Hybrid
700ish5'4
TakenBisexual
APPPLOTTER
I am the Queen.

Raven stood before one of her mirrors, in a black nightgown with her hair let down to her elbows. Queens do not cry. You’re the weak one, Medea. her mother’s voice rang clear in her head.

She picked up a small carved, rock figure of a dragon and threw it at her mirror. The mirror shattered instantly from the force of her throw. Kneeling to the ground with her hands in her face, she raged. How could it have not worked?! Her children should be back with her! And yet they were somehow not here. She had seen the ritual performed.

The Queen even had one of her minions go and collect the book from her former teacher, Draco himself. Of course, he didn’t know at the time. He also warned her about the spell. There was a price to be paid. Was this it? Just the hope and the loss all over again.

She could feel the tears hot in her eyes, but she forced them down. Raven was a Queen. She pushed herself off the ground and glared down at the shattered mirror. If she couldn’t have her children back, she would see all of Speirling burn for taking them away from her in the first place. The first course of action was getting her equally angry teacher out of his prison down in Sgaithte.

After putting her gown on, she emerged from her several day isolation. The Queen walked with purpose down the corridors. Servants all ran out of the way. They could tell Raven was in a mood.

--------------------

user posted image

I was always just the Queen. My sister is the one that added Heartless to my title.
PMEmail
^
Felix Trilanor
 Posted: Jul 14 2017, 11:16 PM
KingBanshee Hybrid
35,7776'1
TakenAsexual
APPPLOTTER
Good Gods, I'm Gorgeous!

Felix sat on the throne, listless, unsmiling. He looked, unwell for lack of a better term. He had received the news of his children’s passing. The three eldest. Gone. He had even gone so mad as to have several mages try to find them. But their life forces were gone. He had spent days in his lab working away, in the hopes to bring them back. He knew the price wouldn’t be paid by him, either. No, more than not, it would be paid by someone close to him, more than likely, his surviving children.

Still, he wondered who would have the insanity to kill his children? Anilwyn Lysanar came to mind. So, did his old enemies the Dragonborne. There were simply too many possibilities. Too many enemies. Sometimes he wished he wasn’t king, that his father and brother were still alive and ruling. He knew that would have been a cruel fate for Gaothaidh. Both his father and brother were quite cruel.

He could hear the clacking of his wife’s heels on the ground. No one else would be so bold to disturb his current mood. It seemed Raven had her own heartache. She had locked herself away, too. Though, Felix was certain it was for a different reason.

“Guards, bring me and my wife some wine!” he demanded, knocking over the empty golden goblet he already had on a golden table next to him by the throne.

((OOC: This thread is still open to others))

--------------------
Don't worry, your friend is only mostly dead.
PMEmail
^
Rose Trilanor
 Posted: Jul 16 2017, 06:37 AM
PrincessSidhe-Siren-Nymph-Banshee
20 years5'7"
SingleHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER
If only love could bloom as beautiful as a flower

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Crying for two days straight.”
“Poor girl.. I wonder what happened?”

Oh yes. Rose could hear the whispers of the palace staff outside her chamber door. Though the servants tried to be quiet, they never seemed to realise how loudly a whisper could sound to a princess who wore their heart on her sleeve.

Her siblings were dead. Tariq.... Tanerys... Tallia. By the gods, they were gone. Forever.

Rose couldn't even could how often she had encouraged Tariq in his dreams to become a bard, despite his lack of talent. She had still smiled and encouraged him. He might not have been able to sing, but the songs he wrote her half decent to say the least. Now it was all for nothing.

Tanerys would never be able to take her on an adventure like he had once promised her.

By the gods, Rose could only imagine the grief that the family of Tallia's husband must be going through. To loose their son, and now their daughter-in-law too.

The young princess felt like the world had shattered into a million pieces, and here she was in the centre of it all, trying to figure it all out. How.... why.... why were they gone? Why the? And for but a moment, Rose wished that the gods had taken Rancourt and Raina into the burning pits of the underworld instead. It was a horrid thing to think, but Tallia and Tanerys had at least been nice to her. The palace had been in a state of silence since the news had broken out. The only ones who hadn't seemed all that shaken had been Rancourt and Raina... naturally, the self-absorbed creatures they were.

Moving her cat Gypsy from her lap, Rose finally climbed out of her bed and got dressed for the first time in two days. Dressed in a modest gown of cream colour with golden trim, and a crown of chain and fake flowers on her head, Rose left her bed chambers and made her way to the throne room. She was just entering through the door when her father knocked an empty metal goblet to the floor. Her mother had not arrived yet, but she could hear the queen's footsteps on the floor.
“Guards, bring me and my wife some wine!”
Rose jumped at the loudness of her father's voice, his commanding tone.
“Father?” the young princess ventured softly, walking towards him slowly. Her cheeks were still marked with the tears she had shed. She needed her father now more than ever...

WORD COUNT;; 423
OOC COMMENTS;; N/A

This post has been edited by Rose Trilanor: Jul 16 2017, 06:37 AM

--------------------
user posted image
Sweet Rose of Gaothaidh
This sig was made by: FlightDesigns
PM
^
Felix Trilanor
 Posted: Jul 19 2017, 05:13 PM
KingBanshee Hybrid
35,7776'1
TakenAsexual
APPPLOTTER
Good Gods, I'm Gorgeous!

Drinking really did little for Felix. His healing abilities saw to that. Of course, there were magical elixirs that could get him high as a gryphon if he really chose to. The king did not like drinking anything magical in nature, though. He didn’t like magical things in general. Mostly because he suspected there was some sort of secret underlying price that would only reveal itself long after the gift had already been given.

When his daughter entered the room, he did his best to smile. He at least still had Rancourt, Raina and Rose. His desire to protect them from his enemies was ignited. He would see to it that the castle was swarmed with guards and all sorts of defenders to keep his enemies at bay.

Thinking of his enemies, he had no idea who could have taken away his children so quickly. There was only one with that sort of power, Draco. But Felix knew Draco and he knew the sinister mage wouldn't have gone after his children like this. Which begged the question...who would? Anilwyn Lysanar, if he had allied himself with the Morgul Family, then, yes, yes, there was the possibility that Anilwyn had had the assassin's guild kill his children. Even that made little sense. But he needed someone to blame. So he would just blame both the Dracarys and Anilwyn. He would have their heads on a platter by the end of the night!

“Rose…how are you today?” he asked, kindly, trying to not choke the tears back in his own words. He gave a weak smile. His eyes didn't bother looking at Raven as she entered the room.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Raven Caldron
 Posted: Jul 19 2017, 05:19 PM
QueenSidhe-Siren Hybrid
700ish5'4
TakenBisexual
APPPLOTTER
I am the Queen.

Raven entered the room, immediately trying to get some serenity to her posture. Many in the castle believed she was heartbroken about the three eldest children’s deaths, but it was far from the truth. She was angry her spell hadn’t worked. By now she should have Rylind, Remus, Amalthea and Sora returned to her. There was nothing but silence in the magical world. As though her ritual had not been heard by the gods and the royal children’s sacrifice had been all for naught.

Putting a kind smile on her face, she walked over to Rose, unsure whether she should hug her and try to comfort her or not. Raven was disappointed, but admired Rose for her kindness. She just worried her daughter would be eaten up by the world. Kind things usually were ripped apart and destroyed. Raven wasn’t willing to see any more of her children harmed.

“Is there anything either of you need?” she asked, picking up the goblet as it rolled to her feet. Raven hated serving others. She was a queen not a servant. But this time called for her to push that down. Playing the doting wife was her role now. Soon she would be rid of Felix the idiot. She was happy for that. Even if her children were not returned to her.

--------------------

user posted image

I was always just the Queen. My sister is the one that added Heartless to my title.
PMEmail
^
Rose Trilanor
 Posted: Aug 28 2017, 01:16 AM
20 years5'7"
SingleHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER

“Rose…how are you today?”
Her father's voice was gentle... kind. It was the soft nature that Rose desperately needed to be surrounded by. The young princess lowered her gaze for a moment. By the gods, she still could not believe they were gone. All three of them.
“I miss them”, Rose managed, choking back her tears to keep herself from sobbing again. “My heart hurts just thinking of them....”

Why hadn't the gods taken Rancourt and Raina instead? Bad deeds always went punished. Didn't they? Rose would not have felt such emotional distress at their passing, had the gods decided to take those two instead. But no; Tariq, Tanerys, and Tallia..... there was no way to bring them back. She still had Andor, Andora and Anisse though – and the young princess had began praying constantly they she would not loose them too.

Rose had already been forced to say goodbye to Eilonwy, as her best friend had been banished, but if she lost Anisse too.... then both her mentors of knowledge and education would have been taken from her. She could not live in a world where there was no one that understood her desire to learn.

“Is there anything either of you need?”
The young princess looked to her mother as the queen bent to pick up the goblet that her father had knocked aside to the floor. Rose wasn't sure what to say. In the end, what she needed was just her parents. Without saying a word, Rose ran the distance to her father, falling to her knees in front of his chair and laid her arms across his legs, burying her face into her arms. It wasn't the hug that the young princess so desperately y craved... but it was a start.

Hard as Rose was trying not to cry any more, the sombre atmosphere had finally gotten to her. As she sat there on the floor, her face buried into her arms on top of her father's knees, tears started to trickled from her eyes again. Though she still made an effort to not completely break down into all out sobbing.

WORD COUNT;; 356
OOC COMMENTS;; N/A

--------------------
user posted image
Sweet Rose of Gaothaidh
PM
^
Felix Trilanor
 Posted: Sep 8 2017, 04:28 PM
KingBanshee Hybrid
35,7776'1
TakenAsexual
APPPLOTTER
Good Gods, I'm Gorgeous!

Felix wondered why this was happening to him. He was a coward, so he knew he was partly to blame. Mostly he had wanted to stay out of any sort of politics for fear of how those he cared for would be used against him. He wasn’t supposed to be king. He was never supposed to be king. It was just a title he received after both his crazy father and brother passed away, and he did nothing to stop their passing, or even attempted to bring them back. Mostly because he knew the monsters that his father and brother had been.

“I miss them, too,” Felix managed to crack out. His voice was weak and his usual smile was gone. There would be no bringing the trio back. He had tried. There was nothing left. Felix knew it was magic that brought about their deaths. Magic that he couldn’t reverse.

The King knew it was no coincidence that many of his children were killed all at once. It was one of his enemies’ doing. Most likely a Dracarys that he had let slip through his grasp. He thought all of that family had been eradicated when his father took over Nos Dam. He knew Draco was still very much alive but he was caged down in Foirfich. So it couldn’t be his doing. Anilwyn Lysanar crossed his mind as well. The man had the money, means and motive to kill his children, but Felix doubted Ani had crossed over to villainy after being banished.

Felix was surprised when his daughter crumpled down before him. He stroked her hair, wanting to tell her that it would be all right. He knew it wouldn’t. Time may make this easier, but these wounds would never fully heal.

“Do not worry, Rose. I will ensure our enemies do not harm any more of us,” Felix told his young daughter. He knew she needed comfort. He would wait before he called the guards for his proclamation.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Raven Caldron
 Posted: Sep 8 2017, 04:34 PM
QueenSidhe-Siren Hybrid
700ish5'4
TakenBisexual
APPPLOTTER
I am the Queen.

There was a sick satisfaction that lingered in her stomach. If only this had been Thelestral Sr. and Jr. her revenge would really be all the more sweet. Still, seeing Felix like this did ping at her empty heart. This was wrong and she knew it. But morals be damned she had gotten her vengeance, though, she now realized that the reward wasn’t as sweet. As far as she was concerned, the spell had not worked. Her three loving children were not reunited with her. It didn’t fill the empty void in her.

Raven knew she should feel more for her daughter. Seeing Rose this way was the one thing that made her regret her actions. But the girl would need to learn to be stronger, especially if Rose wanted to survive what was to come. Raven would watch Speirling burn to the ground and arise from its ashes as the High Queen.

The Queen listened to Felix mention his enemies. She knew exactly whom he was referring to. More than likely the Dracarys Family. If Raven couldn’t control the Dragonbourne than perhaps they were better off dead. Though, she wanted to ensure an alliance before the wars. She knew her meddeling little sister would no doubt destroy her plans if she ever got wind as to what Raven was doing.

“Rose…I am so, so, sorry,” Raven said walking over to her daughter, letting a few crocodile tears stream down her face. She went out to hug her daughter.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail
^
Rose Trilanor
 Posted: Oct 9 2017, 06:20 AM
20 years5'7"
SingleHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER

“Do not worry, Rose. I will ensure our enemies do not harm any more of us”.

It took everything she had not to break into sobbing at that point, but Rose did manage to lift her head and gaze at her father in disbelief. Their enemies? She wasn’t aware that they even had enemies. It made her realise just how sheltered her parents had managed to keep her, protecting her from the harshness of others.

There was no protecting her from Rancourt and Raina’s cruelty however. Except for when their mother caught the twins in the act and demanded an apology from them for bullying Rose. But those instances were few and far between, while the tormenting was constant.

“Enemies…?” her voice was soft, the expression on her face was a muddled mess of fear and emotional pain. Could it even be remotely possible for someone to harm her siblings simply because of the family that they belonged to? It didn’t make any sense to the sheltered princess. And to think, only a month ago Rose was terrified about the mere prospect of being forced into an arranged marriage with a stranger – a man whom she had never met before in her young life. Now… now that the prospect of their family having enemies, enemies that were willing to kill innocent members… fear over marriage seemed to pale in comparison.

“Rose…I am so, so, sorry”.

Rose gazed at her mother for a moment before looking to her father again.
“I…. I don’t understand. Who would want to harm Tariq, Tanerys and Tallia?” the young princess asked softly, the confusion in her voice mingling with the barely contained sobs so that her tone sounded even more strangled than before. “They were nothing but good people...”
Rose could no longer contain her sobbing at that point, raising to her feet and hurrying into the waiting arms of her mother. The queen stood several inches shorter than Rose, meaning that it was all too easy for the princess to bury her face against her mother’s shoulder.
“I d-d-don’t understand why… anyone would want t-t-to hurt them!” the young fae princess sobbed against her mothers shoulder loudly.

WORD COUNT;; 363
OOC COMMENTS;; N/A

--------------------
user posted image
Sweet Rose of Gaothaidh
PM
^
Felix Trilanor
 Posted: Nov 4 2017, 02:30 AM
KingBanshee Hybrid
35,7776'1
TakenAsexual
APPPLOTTER
Good Gods, I'm Gorgeous!

Felix did not want to alarm his daughter, but he also did not want to lie. “Being a King has earned me enemies throughout my long life. I was told most had been dealt with, but new ones arise every hundred years or so…” Felix replied, his face still slightly dewy from the tears he was holding in.

He wouldn’t sob in front of his daughter. He was surprised how well Rose was holding herself together. That was good. He worried that he would now be forced to marry her off to form a stronger alliance. He knew the council would suggest it. But he wanted his children to pursue their own happiness. To be given the choice that he wasn’t really given.

Once his daughter sobbed, all he could do was hold it together by pretending he was on stage in a play. This was an act. Everything was an act. He couldn’t let his daughter see him fall apart.

“Yes, they are…were good people. But their deaths were most likely meant to hurt me and send a message,” He told Rose somberly.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Raven Caldron
 Posted: Nov 4 2017, 02:34 AM
QueenSidhe-Siren Hybrid
700ish5'4
TakenBisexual
APPPLOTTER
I am the Queen.

Raven held her daughter close to her. She knew what she should be feeling, but there was just emptiness and a slight buzzing where she knew her feelings should be. She removed her heart years ago so that she could do things just like this without regret. Though, the rational part of her knew she needed to comfort her daughter and protect her. Rose, Rancourt and Raina would be protected once the walls of this wicked place came crumbling down.

Stroking her daughter’s hair, Raven looked at Felix and nodded.

“Your father is correct, just being King makes him a target. I don’t want to scare you Rose, but for now, I think it is best you stay within the castle walls, under our watch and care, until we find out who did this,” Raven urged.

Though she knew full who did this. She was annoyed that her plan had not worked. Her sons were supposed to be back, instead, it seem the spell only resurrected the dragons. A fact that irritated her to no end.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail
^
Rose Trilanor
 Posted: Dec 10 2017, 10:48 PM
20 years5'7"
SingleHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER

“Being a King has earned me enemies throughout my long life..."
Rose lifted her head from her mother's shoulder, glancing around at her father, though her face was heavily marked with the tears she had shed. What?
"...I was told most had been dealt with, but new ones arise every hundred years or so…”
How could he have gained enemies? He was too kind, too playful, for anyone to possibly hate him. Yet, he did wear a 'mask' of sorts when dealing with the royal court and the council. Had he gained enemies purely because of that emotional mask?

“Your father is correct, just being King makes him a target".
Rose looked back to her mother. Her father was a target because he was king? The young princess backed away from her mother. No longer sobbing, merely just confused. But the pain and anguish over losing her siblings was still there. And it weighed heavily.
"And my siblings and I are targets to be used against father?" she asked hesitantly. Part of her did not want to know the answer. But another part needed to know.

Yes, she was naïve and sheltered. But even at twenty years old, Rose had remained with a child-like innocence as a result of her sheltered life. The deaths of her siblings had near shattered that innocence. It was hard to believe that anyone would want to harm her family. But if she and her siblings (though she could care less about Rancourt and Raina) were to be used against her father.... it was downright terrifying.

"I don’t want to scare you Rose, but for now, I think it is best you stay within the castle walls, under our watch and care, until we find out who did this".
Fear had already filled the young princess. Rose's hands began to shake, visibly so. And the evidence of it was now in her gaze, despite the tears that still threatened to shed over the loss of her loved ones.
"Father. Why don't you just stop being King?" she asked desperately, her words hurried. The princess looked to the floor, embarrassed by her question. She sniffed loudly before continuing. "I mean... if they're going to pick us off one by one anyway, why not just step down as king. They might go after Andor, Andora and Anisse next...."

Rose looked up at her parents. The rest of her body was starting to tremble in fear. "I cannot loose more siblings. My heart could not bare it..."

WORD COUNT;; 419
OOC COMMENTS;; N/A

--------------------
user posted image
Sweet Rose of Gaothaidh
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll