Welcome to Swords of Speirling. We are an original fantasy site, set in a fictional world divided into seven kingdoms. We are set in the Medieval-ish/Renaissance period of this world. We have 20+ playable races available, we have no word count, and we are rated mature. Our application process is simple and to-the-point and we are LGBTQ+ friendly, straight-/cisgendered-ally friendly, and ALL racial identities-friendly. We do believe in some order, but we don't take ourselves all that seriously. Jerks need not apply. It is currently SPRING.

We are currently searching for royal family members and military characters, particularly knights.

ACTIVE MEMBERS: 20
TOTAL MEMBERS: 26

EACHARNACH: 26
GAOTHAIDH: 12
FOIRFICH: 10
TEUMNACH: 20
MUIREACH: 14
SGAITHTE: 5
RIASGLACH: 6
WANDERERS: 13

BE RESPECTFUL. NO WHINING. NO HATE. GUESTS WELCOME.
Discord Invite: Click

Affiliate with us!

RPG-DirectoryDistant Fantasies
The Supernatural LifeTeair Nova
Pandora's AscensionA Call to Arms
Find The Rabbit HoleMaerish le Roi SoleilOnce Upon a Nightmare
OPENOPEN
OPENOPEN
OPENOPEN

Sidebar: Dana
Coding Help: RCR & RPG'D
Mini Profile Code: Gotham's Reckoning of RPG
Skin: Brittanique of RPG'D
banners and site concept: Peregrine

Add Reply
New Poll

Plots?, Thread with bertha
Wyatt Morgul
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 11:37 AM
Council ElderGoblin - Elf - Demigod
15,3304'6
sworn off womenheterosexual
APPPLOTTER
I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed.

Bertha's Characters
Right now, I just have Wyatt. Most of his threads will probably be in Gaothaidh, but it's possible they could be other places, too. I have a few ideas but am open to anything!

no rest for the wicked
W
yatt Morgul: He grew up in Gaothaidh, son of the infamous Morgul family, often outcasted for his heritage and his small stature. He remembers a time before the Trilanors were in power, when his aunt the Goblin Queen ruled. After the sacking, he fell into drinking until he was approached by a certain someone to plot to restore the goblins to the throne. That has been the primary motivation of his life for several thousand years, prompting him to become ambassador and council elder in Gaothaidh, although he has also worked for equal rights at the council in Teumnach.

P
ersonality: Wyatt is among the smartest men in Speirling, well-read and politically savvy. Although he's somewhat reclusive and distrustful, he's also loyal, reliable and consistent. He goes regularly to council meetings, and probably also attends some sort of regular social gatherings, at his home or others'.

F
riends:
  • Anyone helping with the coup in Gaothaidh to restore the Lysanars to the throne.
  • He may have made some friends/allies when working as an ambassador to Gaothaidh in Teumnach.
  • For thousands of years, he was with the Kindled, a group of good magic users that was one half of the Ring. He could know other mages from the group.
  • Former, continuing or new trainees would also be possible. His role in the Kindled was mostly in training younger members, and he probably had something to do with Ioralta Academy while it was still open. Someone could also seek him out now by reputation, though he'd be highly reluctant (fresh-faced needy youth convincing a reluctant mentor trope?).
  • Members of a social group he hangs out with? They probably have intellectual/philosophical discussions but could also play games of strategy.

L
overs: He swore off women (and has a tendency to treat them more coldly) after his soulmate died and (hundreds of years later) her sister (Soryn) broke his heart. His soulmate has recently been resurrected, so I'm not really looking for new relationships at this time, but he could have had an ex or two before he met Soryn.

E
nemies:
  • Anyone allied with the Trilanor family;
  • people who hate dragonbourne;
  • anyone who hates the Morgul family on principal;
  • possibly those he's bested in wits;
  • and people who believe certain races should be/are superior.
15,330 — Council Elder — Plotting a Coup — Gaothaidh

This post has been edited by Wyatt Morgul: Jan 4 2018, 07:09 PM
PMEmail
^
Amalthea Dracarys
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 04:26 PM
Former High WitchDemi-God/Unicorn
300ish5'2
SingleHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER
There never is a happy ending because nothing ever ends

Godric & Wyatt: So, they’ve been plotting the coup together for a long, long time. Godric is currently King Felix’s manservant/butler and has been feeding him lies and false information for a long time. They could have secret meetings, but the meetings most likely would not take place in Gaothaidh, but somewhere else.
Also, he’s been hellbent on resurrecting his twin sister, Amalthea, and he recently performed a ritual, that he wasn’t sure if it succeeded or not.

Roman & Wyatt: I think these two probably have a good relationship. Roman’s man-child ways could be grating, since he has all this potential and he’s just wasting it.

Wolf & Wyatt: He could be involved in a coup talk with Wyatt and Godric.

Ani & Wyatt: The man who should be king. Another co-conspirator who was recently brought on board.

Soryn & Wyatt: She was freed from her stone prison and is currently roaming around Eacharnach most likely with his books.

Amalthea & Wyatt: Nobody knows she is back quite yet.

Felix & Wyatt: Most likely enemies. Felix isn’t a cruel man like his father and brother were (they brought about the downfall of the Lysanars and killed Amalthea) he’s just not a good king. He’s weak willed and a coward. Dramatic, narcissistic and does not have a head for politics.

Take your pick with any one of these biggrin.gif Or feel free to look at my plotter HERE

There's a bunch of other characters of mine he would probably know or be connected with, such as the Queen of Gaothaidh. If you'd like to start something with one of them, that's cool too biggrin.gif

If you have any idea feel free to DM or post them here biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Amalthea Dracarys: Jan 4 2018, 04:28 PM

--------------------
You know when I said I knew little about love? That wasn't true. I know a lot about love. I've seen it, centuries and centuries of it, and it was the only thing that made watching your world bearable. All those wars. Pain, lies, hate... It made me want to turn away and never look down again..
PMEmail
^
Wyatt Morgul
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 07:08 PM
15,3304'6
APPPLOTTER

Godric & Wyatt: Definitely, they’d both be painstakingly cautious about Godric’s status as the inside man, but I also imagine they’d keep in fairly close contact. Riasglach seems to be a popular stomping ground at the moment for coup instigators, but Sgaithe or something could also work. The other thing is I wouldn’t totally rule out ciphered letters or the like, probably a complicated system that looks normal but holds double meanings, since they’re both so smart. When Wyatt finds out Godric’s responsible for Amalthea’s resurrection (quite a few steps between here and there), he’s probably going to be pretty upset. He will get over it, but probably have a few choice words.

Roman & Wyatt: I picture them having a pretty good relationship, too. Wyatt might get bugged sometimes with his childishness, but he could also use someone to unwind with from time to time.

Wolf & Wyatt: More co-conspirators are always fun. Plus Wyatt trusts Wolf more than Godric - not in the sense of following through with the coup but just as a man in general.

Ani & Wyatt: I’m sure Wyatt was thrilled to finally tell him and thrilled that he’s so gung-ho about it. He could also potentially smooth his relationship with Wolf a bit.

Soryn & Wyatt: In all honesty, he’s probably afraid of her returning and seeking revenge. He’s definitely worried it’ll interfere with the coup. But he also wants his books back. I think there could be some “fun” times between these two.

Amalthea & Wyatt: given Puck’s reanimation, he could start investigating. That could turn into him finding her or just finding out Godric’s attempt, thinking it only revived her familiars or something. Or not, depending on what plans you have for her.

Felix & Wyatt: yes, definitely enemies. Wyatt probably thinks of him as a child if not a complete fool, criminal in his incompetency as a ruler. On the flip side, maybe he seems really stuffy to Felix, and possibly overbearing.

So regarding threads: I think all of these could make for fun threads down the road. But for a start, what do you think about a coup meeting? Wolf, Godric, Ani, any or all.

This post has been edited by Wyatt Morgul: Jan 5 2018, 09:33 AM
PMEmail
^
Rose Trilanor
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 06:18 PM
Princess3/4 Sidhe 1/4 Siren
45 years5'7"
SingleHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER
If only love could bloom as beautiful as a flower

I have two characters I can offer up for plots/threadiness.

Rose - the youngest of the royal kids. She's a genuinely sweet girl, with an almost child-like innocence (but that has come from being rather sheltered). She's very friendly, and generally ignores what flaws people possess. Rose would likely be one of the few members of her family that gives him any genuine respect.

Arcadia - a huntress and bounty hunter. She was hired on as a bodyguard for Eilonwy Lysanar and stayed at Caer Lysanar for a time. Arcadia is technically a citizen of Foirfich, but she avoids the place like the plague and is hoping to settle with her 3 adoptive children elsewhere (likely Gaothaidh as her son Cassander has already set up shop there). Arcadia is no fan of the Trilanor's (Rose being the exception), so I could see her winding up as part of the coup.

I also have a ton of other characters, which you can find at my plotter: Here

If any others take your fancy, let me know and we can butt our heads together for some ideas. smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
This sig was made by: FlightDesigns
Inspired by Khal Drogo's siggies
PM
^
Amalthea Dracarys
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 08:28 PM
Former High WitchDemi-God/Unicorn
300ish5'2
SingleHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER
There never is a happy ending because nothing ever ends

I think a coup meeting would be fun biggrin.gif

Let me know if you want to start it or if I should biggrin.gif

--------------------
You know when I said I knew little about love? That wasn't true. I know a lot about love. I've seen it, centuries and centuries of it, and it was the only thing that made watching your world bearable. All those wars. Pain, lies, hate... It made me want to turn away and never look down again..
PMEmail
^
Wyatt Morgul
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 10:14 PM
15,3304'6
APPPLOTTER

Kel – I took a peek at your plot page. Wyatt probably has connections in Teumnach (and possibly other places) but for right now I have ideas for Rose and Arcadia.

Rose & Wyatt: I think there could be some really interesting threads with the two of them. He could use someone who looks past his faults, given how hard he is on himself. Of course, he has reasons to keep his distance, but I could picture him getting a soft spot for her.

Arcadia & Wyatt: They’ve almost surely met at some point. Wyatt is a big fan of anyone loyal to the Lysanars, particularly coup members. He’d also find her tendency towards adoption intriguing, so maybe they could have a conversation about that in the future.

Kay – Sounds good! biggrin.gif I'm whipping something up right now, just trying to decide where it'll take place. Will link as soon as it's up.

This post has been edited by Wyatt Morgul: Jan 7 2018, 10:15 PM
PMEmail
^
Wyatt Morgul
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 08:36 AM
15,3304'6
APPPLOTTER

The coup thread is here.
PMEmail
^
Rose Trilanor
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 07:58 PM
45 years5'7"
SingleHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER

Rose & Wyatt - I am somewhat in desperate need for Rose threads atm, so I would seriously love one with Wyatt asap. XD
Anywho, I read in your bio that Wyatt has a library? Or something? Rose is kind of a bookworm, she's highly intelligent and has a thirst for knowledge that just cannot be sustained with her own personal meagre collection, so I could totally see them running into one another in a library somewhere.

Arcadia & Wyatt - Now that there is a coup thread up, I am very tempted to throw Arcadia into it. She is a tracker, in the sense of her being a bounty hunter, but I don't know who she would be tracking to end up in the meeting 'uninvited'. So I imagine she would have received an invitation to join the coup before hand. Would Wyatt be likely to invite people into the group? If so, do we want a thread between them based before said invitation and coup meeting?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Wyatt Morgul
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 09:14 PM
15,3304'6
APPPLOTTER

Rose & Wyatt - Awesome! XD Wyatt has a private collection of books that he keeps in his study; but I'm also sure he visits (and probably sometimes purchases books for) other libraries as well. They could definitely meet at the Great Library in Speur-Ghlan, if that works. I'm heading to bed soon, but if you have time/inclination to start, that would be cool.

Arcadia & Wyatt - Exciting stuff! I'm thrilled to have more people in on the coup. I think you're right, an invitation makes the most sense. Although Wyatt wants to be pretty close-fisted about who they let in, I think he knows that it's opening up, they need more warriors, and would have noticed Arcadia's service to Eilonwy. I would definitely be down for a thread before that. What do you think about him maybe scouting her out - possibly even testing her loyalty to Eilonwy - and then inviting her?
PMEmail
^
Rose Trilanor
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 06:44 AM
45 years5'7"
SingleHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER

Rose & Wyatt - Running into each other at the Great Library works for me. Unfortunately I've been struggling for muse to think of a starter, but hopefully I might be able to think of something soon.

Arcadia & Wyatt - Having him scout Arcadia out sounds good to me. She still drops in at Caer Lysanar often to grab extra books for Eilonwy (if they haven't been stolen/looted) to deliver to Riasglach. Other than that, Arcadia is in Gaothaidh often enough to visit her adoptive son and also just for business in the city. Hunters need to make a living afterall.

This post has been edited by Rose Trilanor: Jan 14 2018, 12:20 AM

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Rose Trilanor
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 05:59 AM
45 years5'7"
SingleHeterosexual
APPPLOTTER

Thread for Wyatt and Rose: A picture worth a thousand words

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll